An awesome accidental modification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After seeing some of the aftermarket front bumpers here, I noticed that seeing more suspension bits from the front looked cool:D So, when I did my clevis lift, I also removed my front air dam from the bottom of my bumper. Yes, seeing more bits looks cool, but that's not all...

Last night I changed my oil. Guess what? not only do I have a better look at my filter, but I can actually get two hands on it!:)

Finally... photos:

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... you guys want pictures?:p

Alright! I'll try to figure out the photo hosting situation for this site & help out:cool:

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There! Photos! Remember I was laying on my side with a camera in the other hand, so it may not look like a big improvement. I assure you, without a camera in my hand, I can get my hands around the filter no problem!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post one from away so let's see how cooler your jeep looks. This is only the second part of your modification!! :D

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
front end underneath frnt bumper

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about a picture of the KJ from a distance so we can see what it looks like w/o that piece you took off. That is what we wanted to see, not a picture of the oil filter.

Thanks for posting them though.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I meant.. Post the pix of the first part, as it was the intention!!

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I meant.. Post the pix of the first part, as it was the intention!!

It's coming, we just got back from a road trip... ran in to a small mayfly storm, I just need a chance to wash it. The visible difference is pretty subtle though, but I think it looks a bit better. Give me a couple hours!

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, here you go again! Where that white sticker is, is about where you can reach the oil filter, & in the other photo, you can see the reason I had to do at least the clevis lift... 245/70 R 17's. They rubbed a titch;).

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
what tires are those, I think the rims are same as mine 17"s?

It looks lifted without wind deflector/air dam thingy.. Not sure what purpose it is there, but it is like a splash guard I think...

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail T/A's. & my wheels are 17" with chrome look covers.

We've had the KJ for a few years now, but it just recently became MINE! Which is why not much has been done to it, besides the clevis lift & the tires. It will begin to look different, & be used different soon. nana.gif

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said It looks lifted, so it is lifted.. hmm :)

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I said It looks lifted, so it is lifted.. hmm :)

1/2 inch, baby!:rolleyes: I guess the tires give me another 3/4" or so.

I don't know what the purpose of the air dam is on a KJ besides looks. On cars that sit low to the ground, they deflect the relative wind around the car & minimize the air flow under the car. This is to keep the body of the car from developing enough lift to remove it from the ground, or even lightening the weight on wheels to the point that steering becomes ineffective...high speed + no control= bad day.

A KJ sits far too high for that thing to actually be effective.