AMP install question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evane007

Reaction score
Yeah installing a HiFonics Zeus Amp, CLarion HU, along with some 6.5 inch Image dynamics components all this weekend along with being hungover. Have a bachelor party on Saturday. Curiouis, how hard was it to install the amp? Any pointers? My buddy says were going to have to figure out how to tell the amp to turn off. ANy help that anybody has is greatly appreciated.

coastgardsman

Reaction score
Its not hard at all. The head unit should have a "remote" wire that runs to the amp. Thats the wire that switches it on and off. Its usually blue with a white stripe. As far as the amps go, I put mine under the seat in the rear. U need to watch out though how you mount it. I had trouble with my seat folding down at first. The battery cable i drilled a hole through the floor and ran it under up to the battery. The negative, i tapped it in where the bottom seat bolts on. Good luck

glaurick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it doesn't have the Blue wire labeled remote it will be blue and labeled Power Antenna, thats the wire you'll use, if the amp has no remote feature just piggy back a fuse in the box.