AMAZING Feats of Strength!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaiser Von Kuhl

Reaction score
A guest was leaving yesterday in her minivan and cut too close on her exit. She ended up with one rear wheel in the roadside ditch out front. Our ditches are about 30" deep out here in the country so needless to say, her van was bottomed out.
After a couple minutes of trying to think of ways to push her out by hand, I figured, what the heck... our little KJ has new General Grabbers and handles well on these crappy New York roads.
I grabbed a tow chain, put the KJ on the icy, snow covered country road, and hooked both vehicles in unmentionable places. I put it in 4-Hi and told the lady to just put her van in neutral. After a couple light tugs and only got a wiggle, I told her to drive forward cautiously. Out she came with almost no effort.
I truly feel that with just a little more weight on the Jeep, I would have pulled her out in neutral.
Maybe it's time to install some recovery hooks and buy a tow strap. Who knows how many countless others will need my assistance :cheers:
Too bad I didn't think of snapping a pic

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good job! I've actually pulled a stalled out Bronco from a mud hole while he was in neutral so this Liberty definitely has some oompf

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is a Jeep forum, but I pulled one of those U-Haul trucks (the biggest one they rent out) out of a high center muddy situation once with my 93 Toyota Xtra Cab SR5 pickup in reverse uphill. If that little truck with only 150HP can do that, our Liberties can do a hell of a lot more. For one they weigh more and will have better traction than my old Toy had. The dude I pulled out was amazed that I could get him out of his tough spot with my little truck!

The previous story is 100% true too! I know, sounds like bull, but... nope, all true!

offroad cowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled a e350 ford 15 pasenger van out of the ditch on ice im suprised at its pulling power i thought i would have to get my dually to get it out but i gave the libby a chance it even suprised the state trooper that the libby pulled it out

sent by telegraph from my k30

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
^^^ same here ... filled to the brim with carpentry tools. I warned the kitchen installer guy not to come down the driveway ... :shrug:

He sure was happy that he didn't have to call for a tow :D

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
^^^ same here ... filled to the brim with carpentry tools. I warned the kitchen installer guy not to come down the driveway ... :shrug:

He sure was happy that he didn't have to call for a tow :D

Hope he gave you a discount on the kitchen. :D

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never underestimate a Jeep's capabilities. The Jeep was only a nickname in its infancy from WWII because of its ''Magic Capabilities". Jeeps are strong vehicles including our Libby's. Never underestimate the power of a Jeep.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've pulled dozens of people out of ditches with my liberty. The road between the town I live and the town I work is pretty bad. Barely any shoulder and surprisingly steep drop offs on each side. Pulls cars and trucks out with very little effort. Just one more thing I love about my jeep.

Sent from my HTC One using the power of Mary's purse

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Already have the hooks (nice chrome ones). Hmmm, now where to install them...
Chrome? Well since they are chrome they aren't stock so you'll have to do a lot of fabrication to mount them anywhere. So sell them buy the right ones and let the mall cruisers have the chrome ones

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Already have the hooks (nice chrome ones). Hmmm, now where to install them...

Chrome won't get you home.

The OEM front tow hooks are black and come with all the proper mounting hardware and go on the frame. For the rear the OEM one has it's proper mounting. Or, if you have a hitch you can get the ones with a drawbar that go into the hitch.

Dave

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled another 3 cars out of ditches today. No matter how dug in they were the Jeep pulled them out with no effort. Would've been 4 but someone left their vehicle in the ditch.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled another 3 cars out of ditches today. No matter how dug in they were the Jeep pulled them out with no effort. Would've been 4 but someone left their vehicle in the ditch.

Good work! Lots of karma points. When I get my hitches I will be doing the same but for now I just give pushes.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you guys keep finding people in ditches? I have yet to see one person that's needed help:rotflmao:

offroad cowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little libby drug a 3500 dually with a blown trans up hill in the snow huge kuddos for the lil libby
You must be registered for see images

sent by telegraph from my k30