Alternator problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gypsy933

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey can anyone tell me a suitable replacement that doesnt cost 700$$$$ for an alternator.......:mad:

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$700? Forgive me, but is this a Canadian thing? Are they not available up there or are you paying some kind of duty or hefty shipping? $700 seems insane.

On RockAuto THE most expensive alternator is a little over $200.00. The Denso alternator which is the one that I believe is in your KJ is $206. There are a couple of remans for $123.00

And the alternator in the KJ is super-easy to replace... so don't waste a dime on labor.

www.rockauto.com

Edit: Apologies, I missed that this was for the CRD, is that alternator $700?

Last edited:

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you feel you need to replace your alternator? Tell us what your problem is and maybe someone here can help you decide if it is indeed your alternator that is the problem!

gypsy933

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys for the help. i pulled it out and it was the clutch pully that was slipping. it had melted the front plasticish piece on the front. as for the 700 thats brand new. idid find one for 250 but it was going to take a week to get here