Alternator clutch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ALLENGUA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok heres the deal what would happen if i was to replace the clutch with a standard pully on my crd ???? can anyone tell me why it has a clutch in the first place ?? this whole thing came about because mine has completely desintigrated took it apart to replace bearing and found the internal spring in about 7 pieces

thanks for the help on this to all that can give a reply!!!!

ALLENGUA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just bought one from the company tony told me about here in the U.S.A. and it was $69.00 plus shppng again thanks tony the crd s back up and running

ALLENGUA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
impact wrench funny thing i thought i had broken it but the spring on the inside of the clutch was broken in 7 pices old breakes not new ones

cpaine

Reaction score
I just had the same problem, I have never seen a decoupler used for something like this. I got mine from IAT and it worked great.

JoBo

Reaction score
I attended a VW TDI GTG (get to gether) this weekend and one person was replacing a solid pulley on a 96 Passat TDI Station Wagon with a clutch like we have on our CRD's. Putting on the clutch style pulley eliminated all the flopping or hopping the tensioner previously did.

So they are a good thing for 4 cylinder diesel engines.

OneOneNiner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the recommended procedure for removal,and installation.Torque rating?
I'm going to install after work tomorrow.

Thanx.

ALLENGUA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey how are you are you in louisana ? I just finished putting one on today send me a pm and i'll let you know the info