Alternator clutch and belt tensinoner issues???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

javert

Reaction score
Folks,

Don't hate me for posting a website or two. Listen up, There seems to be many many posts in this forum about the Alternator clutch as well as drive belt issues. We most people don't know that they are related. I recommend you go to www.decouplerpulley.com to read more about the alternaotor clutch. I do recommend that anyone worldwide can contact www.iat-usa.com for the best price and the absolute correct Litens OAD (alternator clutch) that you need.

Feel free to respond to this thread if you have belt issues, I will do my best to answer them.

Javert.

P.S. I work for the company that invented the belt tensioner and the alternator clutch.

molenaar

Reaction score
What is the purpose of the pulley clutch? I currently do have a "noisy" belt. When the AC comp kicks in at idle it seems to "sqeek". Removed the belt tension, AC clutch bearing is OK, AC compressor is not running heavy and AC pressures ar normal. At any speed above idle the nois goes away. Belt has 10,000km on it, vehicle 120,000km.
Is there any relation to the alternator clutch or tensioner?