All of your O2 sensors go hay wire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SETexasLibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of y'all had this problem? My wife's 09 KK had a check engine light so I took it to the dealership and was amazed to find out error messages on 4 O2 sensors. Its covered under warranty so no worries, but they think the module when bad. They asked if I had driven it through water which of course I haven't since its a 2WD and hers. Hmm interesting...:-k

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"The module" went bad? What "module"? The PCM?

I'd be suspicious that 4 sensors when blooey all at once. I think some of the experienced mechanics here might be able to hip you to some other mechanical/electronic/evap/emissions failures that could cause secondary codes on the O2 sensors. But all four? And driving through water? I've never done any serious water fording on the old KJ (except driving through a couple of deep(ish) puddles really fast to see that badass rooster tail cascade out on either side of the truck!), but I've seen enough insane fording pictures by the (in)famous ThunderbirdJunkie and a few others around here, and I'm guessing that all four of their O2 sensors didn't go Kablooey immediately after.

SETexasLibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it in today, and they replaced the PCM and now they are checking to see if nothing else was damaged. I like how easily a 1 day job turns into 2 and they are so nonchalant about it. I live 45 miles away from the dealership chairshot.gif