Alignment thoughts, or any for that matter.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texrider

Reaction score
Got it all finished last weekend. Has the JBA rear springs without any extra isos. The OME 926s in front with the JBA top plate and no clevis. Sitting at 21.25" all the way around. Much better than 17.5" that I was at. Ride feels great too, and sticks to the gravel roads where my rear used to get a little loosy-goosy. Feels like I could do some dirt track racing in it.
Took an extra week cause I had to get the JBA 4.5 upper arms cause my stock upper ball joint boots were toast, plus I probably should have gotten them to begin with. Replaced all the lower bushings and sway bar bushings and such while I was at it. BTW bushing removal *****!!
Had it aligned twice. The first pic with all the green is from the second alignment. The first time it was pulling to the right and felt wobbly. The second feels better, but still not quite right to me. Good enough I think I can wait till it breaks in a little before I go back. Unless yall see something in the alignment sheets that says I should.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 42
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 32

texrider

Reaction score
Forgot a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_20150408_180812685_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150408_180812685_HDR.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 27

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, tex!

Couldn't get the toe more than close on my first alignment, but in about 400 miles I'm going to a pro shop that does nothing but alignments...hopefully they can dial it in..,,

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it all finished last weekend. Has the JBA rear springs without any extra isos. The OME 926s in front with the JBA top plate and no clevis. Sitting at 21.25" all the way around. Much better than 17.5" that I was at. Ride feels great too, and sticks to the gravel roads where my rear used to get a little loosy-goosy. Feels like I could do some dirt track racing in it.
Took an extra week cause I had to get the JBA 4.5 upper arms cause my stock upper ball joint boots were toast, plus I probably should have gotten them to begin with. Replaced all the lower bushings and sway bar bushings and such while I was at it. BTW bushing removal *****!!
Had it aligned twice. The first pic with all the green is from the second alignment. The first time it was pulling to the right and felt wobbly. The second feels better, but still not quite right to me. Good enough I think I can wait till it breaks in a little before I go back. Unless yall see something in the alignment sheets that says I should.
The 2nd(1st pic) alignment is damn near perfect,not going to get any better and almost dead on anyways with nothing to cause a pull or wonder.

You may not be used to driving a lifted vehicle,higher center of gravity.

texrider

Reaction score
Looks good, tex!

Couldn't get the toe more than close on my first alignment, but in about 400 miles I'm going to a pro shop that does nothing but alignments...hopefully they can dial it in..,,

Thanks. Yours is looking pretty good yourself. What are those crossbars? Is there a thread for those somewhere?

texrider

Reaction score
The 2nd(1st pic) alignment is damn near perfect,not going to get any better and almost dead on anyways with nothing to cause a pull or wonder.

You may not be used to driving a lifted vehicle,higher center of gravity.

Thanks, good to know. I was kinda wondering if I was just hypersensitive to how it feels.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can check my build thread in the Member's Rides...titled "Lil Blue" ..my crossbar pipes came from the same place as the clamps...be happy to answer questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texrider

Reaction score
You can check my build thread in the Member's Rides...titled "Lil Blue" ..my crossbar pipes came from the same place as the clamps...be happy to answer questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that's where I saw the crossbars in question. Lookin good. Will do if I have some more.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is good. Mine still drifts to the right, even on the freeway. Getting edge wear on my front right tire.

Latest posts

Members online