Alarm on 2002

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Webster

Reaction score
My spouse has the key lob that works the locks and stuff. I anly have a key.

At time the alarm will go off when I open the door and goes off when I start it up

Why

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On some libbys, Ive heard you must use the key fob to dis-arm the alarm. I do not have to do this on my 04. I can use the key to unlock the door without having the alarm go off. \:D/

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
On some libbys, Ive heard you must use the key fob to dis-arm the alarm. I do not have to do this on my 04. I can use the key to unlock the door without having the alarm go off. \:D/
Are you absolutely SURE you have the alarm?

With the Security Group, you HAVE to use the keyfob to unlock the door to disarm the alarm or else the Jeep goes nuts.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
jeepjeepster said:

With the Security Group, you HAVE to use the keyfob to unlock the door to disarm the alarm or else the Jeep goes nuts.

Yea, its on the window sticker and Ive set it off by sitting inside and opening the doors with the system on. I also have the little red light on the dash that flashes. I usually never use the key fob unless I have stuff in my hands. I feel lazy if I do not use the key to unlock the door. I also never use the button inside to unlock the doors. Only time I use the fob is to lock the doors so the security system is on. 8-[ Im weird like that. (Cheers)

waldn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
jeepjeepster said:

I believe that system changed in 05 or maybe 06
in 04 using key disarms alarm, using the power door lock switch on the doors to lock will arm it