Aircon' pipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

renegade2.8

Reaction score
Hi,
I've got a 2.8crd Cherokee Renegade (Liberty to most) and in I'm getting a lot of condensation on the aircon' pipes in the engine bay BUT it's not being used because it's cold and damp weather here at the moment. The top of the aluminium cylinder has water pooled on top of it also. Water drips underneath car like it does in summer when aircon' is used.
I know these pipes would ice/form water when running but why when it is off?
Any ideas?
Thanks.

renegade2.8

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
OK so probably not something I should worry about then. Maybe something that always happens,just not noticed before.
Thanks,again.

4x4kingx889

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I modded the HVAC control's to allow the ac to run on defrost only I see no point in having the ac on when you have it on floor only.

OhmegaMike

Reaction score
I also modified my HVAC controls, so the A/C doesn't run all the time. On mine I had to cut some traces on the HVAC control, and now I use the "snowflake" button on the left to turn the A/C on or off. Mine will only run the A/C with that button pushed in. I should post some instructions in a how-to one of these days, if there's any interest...

kwak

Reaction score
HVAC switch

I also modified my HVAC controls, so the A/C doesn't run all the time. On mine I had to cut some traces on the HVAC control, and now I use the "snowflake" button on the left to turn the A/C on or off. Mine will only run the A/C with that button pushed in. I should post some instructions in a how-to one of these days, if there's any interest...

Hi I am also interested in this, may I get some instructions? :)

thank you

tom