Air condition inLiberty 2004

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

milsound

Reaction score
Just new on this forum, glad to see it.
For some reason my Air conditioning or heater has started to work only on the highest setting, nothing on 1,2,3. Is there separate fuses for the lower settings and if so where are they located. I have never seen under the hood of this jeep, only the service man has when he does whatever he does.

joiner_8

Reaction score
milsound said:
For some reason my Air conditioning or heater has started to work only on the highest setting, nothing on 1,2,3. Is there separate fuses for the lower settings and if so where are they located. I have never seen under the hood of this jeep, only the service man has when he does whatever he does.

I have just had my heater controls checked out as the fan would only work on speeds 3 and 4,
The problem was the fan control rheostat which is located behind the glove box, it is not a big job to replace it and you can order the part from the jeep dealers.

Sanctuary2kj

Reaction score
i have aquestion...

I own a 2002 KJ and two days ago the air conditioning and heater has stop working on 1, but it works from 2 and up. It looks like we booth the same problem. Did yours stop working at once from 1 to 3, or did it stop working gradually.
Thank you for your time.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
milsound said:
It is already in the How-To section, there are 2 pages, don't forget to check page 2, here is the link: http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=750

oldjeeper

Reaction score
I have replaced two of these heater resistors.
When you open the glove box, raise it slightly and press in on the two outside arms. This will let the box open all the way. Then you can slide the box to the right and it will come off its hinges.

I find it easier to take the two screws out of the bottom cover just above the passenger footwell and remove that for more access. Then remove the two screws from the resistor unit and slide it out of the housing, wiring harness still attatched. This requires some careful manipulating of the wires but it can be done. It is now easier to unlock the red locking tab and disconnect the wires. Reassembly is the reverse of the above procedure.

Getting the plastic cover back on the bottom of the dashboard is a little tricky so be sure you have the hooks positioned correctly at the firewall end of the cover so it does not sag on that end. Hope this helps.

The part cost me 21.60 at the dealer and restored all my heater speeds. O:)