Aftermarket Seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nightowl90028

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any aftermarket seats that will work in the liberty or from another vehicle. I am looking for leather seats but cant seem to find any anywhere. I see a bunch on ebay that say there for the liberty but they have universal brackets. Anyone know of anything i dont like the factory seats. being 6'5 i get cramped verrrrry easily..lol thanks for the help guys!

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think that ones from a pt cruiser will work but im not 100% positive and you can find them on ebay cheap

plus i hear that they are pretty comfortable

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recaro is the way to go. If you want a comfortable seat, they have one for you. Try to get past the ricer image that recaro has somehow managed to bring upon themselves, and realize that they are OEM in Audis, Lamboroghinis, Mitsubishi Evos, Porsches, the honda/acura NSX, and the like...check them out:
http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=1033

GOOD seats.

myjeepwalks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
been in the same boat with no luck trying to find seats at a reasonable price. my sister has a pt cruiser think i'll try to swap a seat and see if it fits.kopkrab.gif

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think I would give up my ass-heating seats. :) There is nothing like it in the 0 degree weather following a NorEaster..

I wouldn't mind swapping these for KK seats, though!

qbracken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would gladly give up my Power Leather seats if I could find something that would allow me to sit lower.. At 6"1' I have the seats all the way down but am still up too high...
If Corbeau or Recaro had an answer for me, that'd be awesome...

nightowl90028

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm..well i would gladly take your seats off of you:D but i dont have lower sitting seats. Im 6'4 and any seats are going to be ruff on me. I was hoping someone would chime in about where besides a junkyard i could find some kj leather seats...BTW can anyone clue me in on to if the 02-04 seats will fit on the existing tracks with minimal modification to an 07 kj?

SnowgodCCR-i went to the website and it doesnt seem to be alot of help as to where to find or get these seats nor does it state which model i would need.

dradler

Reaction score
I just installed two Corbeau Moab seats in my 2002 Liberty. Overall the seats are stiffer but also somehow absorb more of the bumps, and you definitely feel the seats giving-way less than the stock seats, i.e. I feel more stable when making or accelerating through a turn. I am also 6' 4" and I am not totally happy with these seats because I lost a few inches of leg-room! which I never expected and should have been warned about. The sliders that you have to purchase separately (Moab seats are not bolt-on for the KJ) are also 99 bucks a pop! As an aside, don't buy from SoloRacer.com because they actually sent me the wrong color seats (they sent some ugly color called Spice instead of Black! and were very rude and condascending towards me when I contacted them to return them). I didn't want to pay the $110 shipping to replace them so I just installed them. Overall they don't look bad, I'll take pics if interested. If I had to do it again I would go with the Corbeau VX2000 - you can get them in Leather if you want and they fit up to a 44" waist. Anyway, I can take photos if you are intersted.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't imagine how a website store could possible know everything about you and you size and than recommend the right seat and warn you of any slider problems. That's what a face to face in a brick and mortar store is for, and you will get the right color, as money doesn't cross the counter till your happy.

dradler

Reaction score
There are not many authorized Corbeau dealers. I think there's one in Connecticut - maybe one in Maryland. The color was supposed to be black; black is black it's hard to screw that up - it's like bad pizza, even bad pizza is good.

Soloracer sent the wrong color; I called and told them I was sending it back and they said I had to pay shipping. You'll probably be seeing my Moabs up on Ebay soon enough and I'll replace them with something, probably leather and black - I"m not going to settle for something I don't like - sitting in the seats and seeing them everytime I get in my car will bother me - just to know that they sent the wrong ones.

dradler

Reaction score
Yeah let's see some pics! Do you sit any lower overall with these ones?

I sit higher with these. The OEM seats were like pillows.

The Moabs were easy to install except that Corbeau had the brackets mislabled. The passenger side was actually the drivers side - and another annoying thing is the way the seatbelt attaches to the seat bracket (basically it has to pass over the reclining lever - it is a terrible design). I called Corbeau and I told them it was crappy for what it's worth. They didn't even include the bolts needed for the seat belt receptor or the female end on the 2-point harness. When I called to ask what size they told me the wrong size. It is 14 threads per inch which is 'coarse' thread in case anybody ever has the same problem again. The clown on the phone told me it was 20 per inch (fine). So I basically had to go back to the hardware store twice for an 84 cent item they should have given me for free.

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anymore news on these? Also where are the pics :) I have been debating swapping out my seats for sometime now. My passanger lever broke and the Drivers side is getting...well worn. It is leather or whatever that material actually is. I do want to keep my heated seats though. Granted I live in the desert but on a winter night they do come in handy. :)

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Man... These posts keep being brought back from the dead!

Here, these are probably the best of the best for a 4X4 vehicle!
http://www.mastercraftsafety.com/tech.php

Corbeau seats SUCK for off road or Ralley unless you spend top dollar for their top of the line seats!
Trust me, I know, I've had several different models in my ralley car and they are not comfortable after 20 miles at 90 miles per hour
off road unless you spend additional money to make them comfortable. Like air inflated bladders for your ass, lumbar, and shoulders!
Sure, some swear by them... But those guy's don't have any feelings anyway or anywhere in their anatomy! Or are fat slobs to begine with!
Sparco, or Recaro are the best!
http://www.sparcousa.com/
http://www.recaro.com/

Latest posts

Members online