Aftermarket Center Consoles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewJeepOwner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone..

As Liberty owners already know, the factory center console is almost non existent!

Anyone know of any companies manufacturing an aftermarket console that can actually nold more than a few CD's?

Thanks

Ed

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Some ancient method of storing audio "tracks", as they called them. There could be anywhere from 1-maybe 25 "tracks" or more. Each "track" was a different song.

I use my iPod these days.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, those are the things that BMG Music club shuttles back and forth between their warehouse and my mailbox.

With Napster to Go, XM and Satellite Radio, and a reciever that takes a USB drive I rarely see a CD.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have like 8 million CDs in my truck, but they're all data disks--ipod doesn't hold enough :p

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Hi everyone..

As Liberty owners already know, the factory center console is almost non existent!

Anyone know of any companies manufacturing an aftermarket console that can actually nold more than a few CD's?

Thanks

Ed

I've seen some on the Internet, but the problem would be to make it fit a KJ and look "Factory"!
I guess if you don't mind either cutting the stock one and adding an aftermarket item to it, then anything is possible!
The local Wal Mart sells something very similar to this one:
http://www.autoaccessconnect.com/centerconsoles.html
Or you could go for something like this. It you can make it fit!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Afte...temQQimsxZ20090228?IMSfp=TL090228183008r19104
But then you would have to re-locate at least the power window switches and the rear heater vent. (I have a 2004 and it would be a big undertaking to do the modifications, and I don't think it would fit between the seats!)
Other than that, you could fabricate something from MDF and go full custom.
It all depends on how much work you want to put into making something to fit your requirements.

Last edited:

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this is something I really wanted to do, I would go full custom as Ryan09 stated.

You'd have to incorperate the rear heater ducting, shifter, and window switches.

Lack of storage in the passenger compartment is one of my only issue with the Liberty.