After a long search

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dangerousdave26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This spring I started looking for a Jeep Liberty and after a long search I found one about 60 miles from my home in Ohio.

At first I completely discounted the advertisement because it contained no pictures at all. I figure if you want to sell a vehicle online pictures should probably be tops on your list.

It was my wife who called my attention back to the listing later that day. I told her I was not interested because there were no pictures but as we discussed the listed details of the vehicle curiosity started to set in. This was compounded by the CarFax that we ran on the vehicle. Everything read good until I got to the last entry "Insurance company takes possession of title". To me that should mean she was in some kind of accident but there was no accident listed before that statement.

At last this was too much for me I had to call the dealer to find out what the story was with this vehicle.

The story was they did not mean to list the vehicle it was an over site by the person working in the office that day. He got the information on the vehicle and entered the VIN number into their inventory software. This software automatically posted the listing to AutoTrader and their website. Because of my call they pulled both of the advertisements.

He explained to me that Yes the vehicle had been damaged but why it was totaled out was a mystery because the damage was not enough to warrant totaling a vehicle. The expectation was that the vehicle would be in the body shop right after the 4th of July and be out some time in August.

Of course it took a lot longer to fix than he expected. I stayed in contact with them calling them every two weeks to check on the progress. Finally by coincidence the vehicle was fixed the day before I was to arrive in Ohio on a planned trip.

The Wife and I spent over 3 hrs test driving her and looking in every square inch to make sure the repairs were done right. The dealer probably thought we were nuts. :icon_lol:

She is a 2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade and from most external and internal appearances she looks to have been babied her whole life.

She had 70,000ish miles on her. The interior other than a few stains on the carpet and the drivers seat looks brand new. The exterior looks brand new with only a few flaws in it. Those should be able to fix rather easily.

You must be registered for see images attach

She drove from Ohio to Florida and ran like a champ and I look forward to giving her a long useful life.

And that's where this forum comes into play. I already found more than one useful post that answered questions I would have asked.

Thanks

Dave

Oh BTW the CarFax still does not show the vehicle has ever been in an accident. Why she was totaled out is a complete mystery still.

More pictures to follow later.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Dave and nice story and the jeep looks good in the pic. Enjoy the forum.

Dave

Dangerousdave26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Betcha wish you were dangerous though ... Dave ... :D

Welcome! and Congrats!

I earned that nick name from years way back. :icon_lol:

It was given to me by my brother in-law and there were times I bet he wished his sister had never married me.

Thanks for the welcome