Advise on how to replace Manual Gearbox on 2005 2.8 KJ please (UK)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackCountryKJ

Reaction score
Hello there

I have a 2006 '55' plate manual 2.8CRD with 103K on the clock,

It's a brilliant car, (once I fitted BF Goodrich TAs) ,

I've browsed the forums here over the years when things have arisen, and it's a great resource , thanks :)

Now the reason for joining the forum

I've had it ~5 years, and for the last 3 years it's been slowly getting worse at jumping out of 1st gear when pulling away.

I'm looking at replacing the gearbox with one from ebay, and I'm looking for advise on how big a job it is

The Service manual seems to only show 3 bolts, and I can only feel one behind the engine under the baulkhead

You must be registered for see images

Has anyone else removed gearbox on one of these?

Any advise ?

Many Thanks

Attachments

• Jeep KJ Manual Gearbox removal and replacement 21-06 - Copy.JPG
    Jeep KJ Manual Gearbox removal and replacement 21-06 - Copy.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 15

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello there

I have a 2006 '55' plate manual 2.8CRD with 103K on the clock,

It's a brilliant car, (once I fitted BF Goodrich TAs) ,

I've browsed the forums here over the years when things have arisen, and it's a great resource , thanks :)

Now the reason for joining the forum

I've had it ~5 years, and for the last 3 years it's been slowly getting worse at jumping out of 1st gear when pulling away.

I'm looking at replacing the gearbox with one from ebay, and I'm looking for advise on how big a job it is

The Service manual seems to only show 3 bolts, and I can only feel one behind the engine under the baulkhead

You must be registered for see images

Has anyone else removed gearbox on one of these?

Any advise ?

Many Thanks

Have you tried the "Liberty CRD Love That Torque" section at LOST JEEPS • Index page