advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day all,

Here's the low down.
"Professional" painters came, painted the house... and over sprayed the front half of our Jeep.

Standard ppg reducer will wipe off most of the paint... on the sheet metal and glass portions of the vehicle.
Problem is it will damage the factory grey "Sport" fender flares.
I figure tomorrow morning I'll try using ultra fine brass wool and use a bit of pressure and a 1/4 turn and gently Polish it out???

If I go via the insurance company, I'll have a $300.00 deductible and they say it wouldn't even cost that much. Turns out it's more like twice that.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Sorry, I'm to F ed up right now to continue this.
I'll be on later.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good day all,

Here's the low down.
"" painters came, painted the house... and over sprayed the front half of our Jeep.

Standard ppg reducer will wipe off most of the paint... on the sheet metal and glass portions of the vehicle.
Problem is it will damage the factory grey "Sport" fender flares.
I figure tomorrow morning I'll try using ultra fine brass wool and use a bit of pressure and a 1/4 turn and gently Polish it out???

If I go via the insurance company, I'll have a $300.00 deductible and they say it wouldn't even cost that much. Turns out it's more like twice that.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Sorry, I'm to F ed up right now to continue this.
I'll be on later.
The "Professional painters" are at fault and there insurance company should be paying for it not you.A full buff,polish,and plastic restoration is needed to remove the overspray,about 20-30 hour job at there expense.

C.W.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If these were truly "professional" painters, then they wouldn't have gotten overspray on your jeep. What the hell were they doing, not paying attention to the direction of the wind, much less not letting you know that you might want to move your Jeep? If we EVER had a SINGLE DOUBT that paint MIGHT get on a car, we were always told to go ask that the vehicles be moved.

Terrible thing to have happen, and yes, the painters should have insurance to cover the damage.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If we EVER had a SINGLE DOUBT that paint MIGHT get on a car, we were always told to go ask that the vehicles be moved.
Heck, anytime there was painting going on in some of the apartment complexes I've lived in I'd normally walk out to find a nice barricade of 4mil plastic on the carport to keep overspray off the vehicles. Heck one time they were painting the carport and I was fast asleep in my apartment - when I went out to go to work there was a nice tent of plastic draped across the Jeep and taped to the undercarriage :eek: :D (man I wish I had taken photos of that :( )

Point being that the painters should have been able to take simple precautions to avoid this very problem, but since they didn't let them deal with making it good.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day all!

Still at it with the aforementioned.
Jen TOLD me that SHE is going to deal with this one before I end up in jail again!

Oh! I almost forgot... This house we live in is a rental property. Well, the "Professional" painters can get the paint to stick to my Jeep... But getting the paint to stick to the house???

Seriously!

I'll post some pics later tonight.

Ry