added two KJs (05 and 03) within last 6 months

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WestlakeOH

Reaction score
bought used 03 KJ sport back in May and added 05 KJ Renegade a few weeks back. While the 05 is in pretty good shape, the 03 has needed a bit more work which I don't mind as like to wrench my own work to grow my skills.

Recently on the 03 discovered that left upstream cat is bad and was producing a noticeable rumble. from what I read on this site, I think is a job a I can handle. My question is how to separate the cat from the down stream pipe. I cut the two spring bolts and the joint will not budge...any ideas?

nocTurNalX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heyy there, that must be twice the fun having two jeeps. Enjoy reading around

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and we have a lot of info here and some Ohio guys too that can help.

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
bought used 03 KJ sport back in May and added 05 KJ Renegade a few weeks back. While the 05 is in pretty good shape, the 03 has needed a bit more work which I don't mind as like to wrench my own work to grow my skills.

Recently on the 03 discovered that left upstream cat is bad and was producing a noticeable rumble. from what I read on this site, I think is a job a I can handle. My question is how to separate the cat from the down stream pipe. I cut the two spring bolts and the joint will not budge...any ideas?

Welcome from another Ohioan.
More than likely its just rusted some , on mine just had to smack it with a hammer to knock it loose .
Now on to the big question,.............only 2 KJs ?? Why only two??
Heres 3 of mine,( 03, 04 bought new and 05 ) plus have a silver 02 Renegade thats not running and picking up another running 03 fully equipped / lifted/ aftermarket bumpers etc soon
You must be registered for see images attach

WestlakeOH

Reaction score
Welcome from another Ohioan.
More than likely its just rusted some , on mine just had to smack it with a hammer to knock it loose .
Now on to the big question,.............only 2 KJs ?? Why only two??
Heres 3 of mine,( 03, 04 bought new and 05 ) plus have a silver 02 Renegade thats not running and picking up another running 03 fully equipped / lifted/ aftermarket bumpers etc soon
You must be registered for see images attach

You are the man!!! my wife thinks I'm a little crazy but having one make having two easier as there is no learning curve when doing your own wrenching. I have two 5 series BMWs (2000, 2005) and their repair boards, like this one, are great places to pick up some great diy tips.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought my 04 new , said I wasn't going to do anything to it. 20,000 miles later it was ripped apart and new OME suspension / ARB bumper and it went downhill from there! LOL
Both this site and LOSTJEEPs are great sources for JeepKJs