acc setting on the ignition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marduksenforcer

Reaction score
Search didn't yield what I wanted.

Today I shut the jeep off and turned the key to ACC to listen to the radio before work. Well the radio won't turn on. Windows still go up and down, but no radio.

Is this an issues with the ignition or the radio?

Any thoughts?

2002_KJ

Reaction score
Search didn't yield what I wanted.

Today I shut the jeep off and turned the key to ACC to listen to the radio before work. Well the radio won't turn on. Windows still go up and down, but no radio.

Is this an issues with the ignition or the radio?

Any thoughts?
Hey, 9 years later but...did you ever figure out what the issue was? Mine is doing the same thing. Not only that, but when I actually start the car the radio won't turn on until about 5 minutes or so...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Geez not good, loose power connection or radio is on it's way out.
I'd consider removing the bezel, radio, inspection time.
It reminds me of Happy Day's where Fonzie would hit it & suddenly it would work again.;)

2002_KJ

Reaction score
Geez not good, loose power connection or radio is on it's way out.
I'd consider removing the bezel, radio, inspection time.
It reminds me of Happy Day's where Fonzie would hit it & suddenly it would work again.;)
See I'm kind of a nerd so I was thinking more along the lines of the Millennium Falcon...lol. At least that's what I tell myself to feel better. Never fails...fix one thing and another pops up!

One thing I can't remember...is the odometer supposed to turn on when the key is switched to acc? Because mine doesn't, along with the radio display/time not turning on. I just find it weird that the radio/display does turn on after several minutes of the car running.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Odometer will be off with key in Accessory position, door closed.
If you open the door, odometer appears & the ding for key reminder will chime, until you close door.
I had issues with the old low watt Mopar radio. They got real hot (power hungry) and mine had similar power issues.
That got fixed with a new & improved head unit with CD/remote, Sirius Sat radio, Bluetooth hands free answer phone, USB thrumb drive etc.
Probably best I move this to to electronics section.

Attachments

• Jeep Interior2.jpg
    Jeep Interior2.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Members online