AC pressure wiring harness help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Inkeythejeep

Reaction score
2003 Jeep Liberty, just purchased used.

My AC low pressure switch doesn't appear to be connected to anything. I have the switch on the top of my accumulator, I have the two wires coming out of the switch which travel around and join another set of wires. I then have a 4 pin connector at the end of the two cables which is not connected to anything, just loose in the engine compartment. What is this connector supposed to connect to?

You must be registered for see images

kenM420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003 Jeep Liberty, just purchased used.

My AC low pressure switch doesn't appear to be connected to anything. I have the switch on the top of my accumulator, I have the two wires coming out of the switch which travel around and join another set of wires. I then have a 4 pin connector at the end of the two cables which is not connected to anything, just loose in the engine compartment. What is this connector supposed to connect to?

You must be registered for see images

do you own the service manual? if not i can get you a link or send the file...

Attachments

• ac.jpg
    ac.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 6

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your picture doesn't work.
pictures and more info will help, like the color of the wires.

from what I see in the wiring diagrams, the only 4 pin connector that could possibly tied to the AC low pressure switch is a ground slice to the speed control servo.

The speed control servo has LG/RD, TN/RD, DB/RD, and BK/OR wires.

Inkeythejeep

Reaction score
Sorry, I thought the picture was working, try this one...

You must be registered for see images attach

I couldn't see much last night until the camera flash went off, I will have to check the wire colors when I get home today.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah. the best way to identify it is the color of the wires. it might be the servo connector i mentioned, can't quite tell the color from the picture but i think that's on the driverside not the passenger side so it could be something else.

Inkeythejeep

Reaction score
It does appear to be the speed control servo cable you described. The wires behind my hand in the first image weren't for this cable.

So what is this supposed to plug into? And what are the affects of having it unplugged?

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cruise control.
look at pg 608 of 2003 service manual pdf. You'll see figure 5 and where to plug it in.

Inkeythejeep

Reaction score
cruise control.
look at pg 608 of 2003 service manual pdf. You'll see figure 5 and where to plug it in.

You will have to forgive me ignorance, but my Jeep doesn't have cruise control. Will leaving this unplugged effect anything else?

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you don't have that servo on your jeep, there's no where to connect that to.
Look at the figure and see whether you have one.
From what you said, you probably don't so that's probably why it was never connected in the first place.

Inkeythejeep

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, one less thing to worry about.

I work as an avionics technician and if I opened up something to work on it and a cable was flopping around loose inside it would be cause for alarm. Glad I don't have to be alarmed by this one.

kenM420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does appear to be the speed control servo cable you described. The wires behind my hand in the first image weren't for this cable.

So what is this supposed to plug into? And what are the affects of having it unplugged?

hope this helps

Attachments

• servo.jpg
    servo.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 5