abs problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

|V3nom|

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems like my 04 limited either doesnt have it or it just doesnt work. ive locked up the tires several times under hard but not too hard of braking, at least it didnt seem that hard imo.

did the 04s not come with abs or is mine just not working?

has anyone else had this problem and if so howd you fix it?

thanks.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Have you requested a build sheet from Chrysler for your KJ yet? That would tell you whether or not yours had ABS installed.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for the ABS pump inside the engine bay!

I am sure the 2004 LTD must have had ABS as standard... Export models here in SA had ABS standard in the LTD from 2002!

|V3nom|

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unless its somewhere other than under the brake fluid reservoir then i dont have one. man this thing ***** without abs.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to say it is personal preference. Mine doesn't have ABS and I'm grateful. If you find yourself sliding through intersections or anything you probably need new tires or something. ABS doesn't make it easier to stop, they just take the stupid out of the driver. There's no substitute for going in an empty parking lot and seeing what the thresholds of your brakes are. Do some donuts, see what you can do. A planned skid is easier controlled than one that surprises you.

I'm not saying you can't drive, just suggesting some actions to take. I can stop pretty fast with the tires I have (duratracs) on wet pavement. Seeing that you are in Louisiana I don't thing you're seeing snow so I bet you need some good tires.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No ABS here. Only thought about adding it because my wife doesn't seem to be able to master threshold braking. It's just all stomp.

|V3nom|

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what you say makes sense but i think they lock up too fast in general, like theres too much front bias and not enough rear which would fix it/help a lot. ive got firestone destination road tires with about half life left which i know arent the best tires on the market for on road use but i feel like they should do better.

this is all my opinion on how the liberty should perform.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the car I drove since I was 16 add ABS and seriously, I never felt the shacking pedal ( unless it was meant to.
ABS is a second security system, not a driving help.
You should get better tire or learn to drive what ever the problem is. I see you are from Louisiana so maybe you could take some winter driving class?

|V3nom|

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the car I drove since I was 16 add ABS and seriously, I never felt the shacking pedal ( unless it was meant to.
ABS is a second security system, not a driving help.
You should get better tire or learn to drive what ever the problem is. I see you are from Louisiana so maybe you could take some winter driving class?

lol youre a funny guy.

DocHemi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No ABS here. Only thought about adding it because my wife doesn't seem to be able to master threshold braking. It's just all stomp.

Don't entertain that thought (adding ABS) for too long.

Had a customer that was really insistent on getting it done to theirs. UNTIL they got the price tag of over $3000 to do the upgrade.

Lots goes into a swap like that....TCM, ABS Pump, new lines, sensors, wiring, MAJOR HEADACHE)

You get the drift.

Be lots cheaper to send her to driving school. LOL