About to buy a Renegade..good price?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasond37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious what such an item would cost...you could PM me if you don't want to post. I'd be very interested right now if I didn't have to get new tires on first. It has 65k on the factory Good/Years, they need to be replaced. I have to sell the black wheels/tires from the Durango first, they won't fit on the Jeep. It's also something I don't think I can tackle so I'd have to pay someone....but heck, if cash comes along I might seriously consider buying it and hanging on to it until I could get it installed. I'm pretty sure they left my Durango unlocked at the dealer when I 'test drove' the Jetta overnight, my receiver hitch and Nikon binocular's are strangely no where to be found.

DJSKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I would check for is rust. Get underneath it and crawl around. Get a little hammer and tap some of the areas that might look suspect. I am from northern MI and rust was the biggest problem with used vehicles. Parts can be replaced, but rust in some structural areas is forever.

DJ

jasond37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here area few pictures. When my wife bought it they told us it was a Limited. I just assumed it was because of the fogs and the color keyed bumpers/flares. Today when poking around I found the window sticker....turns out it is a Liberty Sport 4x4. It just has a package that ups the wheels, fenders/bumpers and fogs. Wouldn't that make it a Limited anyway? Is there really a difference? There are so many combinations out there.

You must be registered for see images attach

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it were a Limited, it would have Chrome Grille/door moldings and roof rails, as well as different wheels (the wheels you have are Sport wheels) But the front bumper is the Limited/Latitude one.

What do your seats look like? If it wasn't for the black grille I would say you have a Latitude (which is a Sport with the body colored bumpers/flares as well as the Limited front bumper and Jeep-embroidered front seats) but the Latitude came with a Silver grille...

hmmmm

What was the package listed on the window sticker called?

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it were a Limited, it would have Chrome Grille/door moldings and roof rails, as well as different wheels (the wheels you have are Sport wheels) But the front bumper is the Limited/Latitude one.

What do your seats look like? If it wasn't for the black grille I would say you have a Latitude (which is a Sport with the body colored bumpers/flares as well as the Limited front bumper and Jeep-embroidered front seats) but the Latitude came with a Silver grille...

hmmmm

What was the package listed on the window sticker called?
In those pics those are the 16" Limited wheels,the sports had the 6 spoke alloy wheels or steel wheels.The chrome stuff was a option,not standard.

I know my KJ is a Limited and had no chrome on it and those exact same wheels.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In those pics those are the 16" Limited wheels,the sports had the 6 spoke alloy wheels or steel wheels.The chrome stuff was a option,not standard.

I know my KJ is a Limited and had no chrome on it and those exact same wheels.

If we were talking about 2002-2004 models you would be correct. (my 2003 Limited also had those wheels and no chrome but we are not talking about 2002-2004 models) In 2005 the above wheels became the upgraded Sport wheels as the 16 inch Mesa Wheels (6-spoke) were no longer available.

Also in the 2005-2007 Models Limiteds came STANDARD with Chrome Grille/ Body-side moldings and roof rails.

Further more the only Wheels available in 2007 are:

16-inch Full Faced Steel painted Argent - Sport

16 inch Mechanica Cast Aluminium painted Sparkle Silver - Sport and Latitude (these are the wheel pictured above)

17 inch Dakar Cast Aluminium painted Sparkle Silver - Limited

17 inch Oasis Chrome Clad Cast Aluminium - Option on all trims.

jasond37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. The seats are cloth, gray pattern of sorts in the middle of the seat and backrest. There is no Jeep embroidery. My wife leased this brand new from the dealer, and we bought out the lease. Window sticker says 2007 Model Year Liberty Sport 4x4. Under optional equipment it has listed the Customer Preferred Package 29C, which includes:
sparkle silver 16"x7" mechanica aluminum wheels
tint
fog lamps
speed control
leather wrapped steering wheel
sport appearance group
-body color fender flare
-body color fascias
automatic VLP 42RLE transmission
P235/70R16 OWL all terrain tires

Last edited:

jasond37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know around here it is a little unique. Most of the Liberties around here either have the unpainted (gray) fascia/flares and painted grill or painted fascia/flares with chrome grill. I can't drive a vehicle long before I start adding things to it...soon as things start happening I'll update.

opelboy

Reaction score
i paid $13k for my 06 renegade with 34kmiles in NWohio back in 08. it was the last day of the year so the dealer was willing to bend over :) window price was 17k

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I think we both shopped on the same day ... :D

I paid just over 10k for my 05 Renegade 47k (kms) in Ontario in 08. They wanted 13.5k.