A very bad night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

libertyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will coming home from Toronto tonight I smelled smoke from my jeep, so I pulled over and it started smoking really bad then next thing you no its on fire, long story short vechile is completley gone, what a sad f%@king night, so first thing in the morning I go buy a new one

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, glad you're OK! Sorry to hear about the Jeep but it can be replaced. Please keep us informed of what might have caused the fire, you may save someone else from the same situation.

libertyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure what would have caused it was at the dealership about 3 weeks getting a new cam and crank sensor, it seemed to putter a little befor I noticed it, it had a full tank of gas in it man you should have seen that blow, all in all jeep was totally gone in about 4-5 mins, I plan on replacing it with a 07-08

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that dude! I'm glad you're alive!!!!

The Jeep can be replaced, and as you've said, it will be but dang.... that *****!

Well we look forward to pics of the new Jeep I guess?

2003KJ

Reaction score
Wow! Glad you're alright!

Please do keep us updated......any idea what area of the Jeep it started from?

libertyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will post pics later today, as for where it started im only guessing but some where under the dash

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that is scary. I have had some puttering recently. I replaced a ignition coil (#1) because I wasn't shifting through it. But recently I have found that there is a puttering if I have to go higher than 4500RPM's (passing, etc...)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is puttering?

Let us know once you get more information about exact cause of the fire, that is pretty scary!

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad your ok ,ive been unlucky enough to have had 2 cars catch fire whilst driving them ,its no laughing matter the fire soon takes hold and minutes later your pride n joy is gone. I now carry a fire extinguisher, but when its a dash fire its really hard to aim it in the correct spot.The only way round it is to have an expensive built in system like rally cars have ,but that doesn't come cheap.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got out safe.It can be replaced but I think this is a good time to say everyone should carry a fire extinguisher with them.I have one in my KJ at all times,a must if you want to wheel with us in CO.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a car catch fire once...a Mazda MX-6 Turbo...the ****** cooler line rubbed through and blew ****** fluid on to the turbo manifold and caught fire as I came of a highway exit. I actually saved that car though and had the fire out with 2 minutes without a fire exstinguisher...towed it home, replaced the burnt parts and kept driving it.

Sorry to hear about the fire, like others have said, keep us posted on a cause. One more reason to carry a fire exstinguiser in your car I guess.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow.....I am sorry for your bad experience and your Jeep but I am glad that no one was hurt.

If you can find out the cause, please let us know.

Dave

rdonn

Reaction score
It's like losing an old friend. Glad you're OK, though.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know the old saying, look to the last thing done to the vehicle for the problems you have now.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gosh, sorry to hear about that. I couldnt imagine watching my Jeep burn on the side of the road.

Some people think its stupid, but once you work on your Jeep so much and put so much labor into it, you come to like it more than people think.

libertyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your insurance cover this???

Yes thank god, there giving me a hard time because im claiming there was 2 car seats in the vechile and I can not prove they where in there, like WTF Im not claiming anything else thats it?

2003KJ

Reaction score
Yes thank god, there giving me a hard time because im claiming there was 2 car seats in the vechile and I can not prove they where in there, like WTF Im not claiming anything else thats it?

And how do they expect you to prove that!? Did they forget that the Jeep is now extra crispy????

libertyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gosh, sorry to hear about that. I couldnt imagine watching my Jeep burn on the side of the road.

Some people think its stupid, but once you work on your Jeep so much and put so much labor into it, you come to like it more than people think.

You would not belive have fast it was done, by the time the fire department go there it was glowing red, the roof caved in, the rims are complety gone, you should see how this roof was put on very little tac welds on it, Im going out to the truck today I will try and snap some photos