A pleasant surprise.... found the owners manual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aksloan

Reaction score
First off why didn't you guys tell me the owners manual was concealed in a shelf in the glove box! :confused:

Anyhow, I never knew that is where it was (thus why I spent $25 and bought one off of eBay) and to my surprise the previous owner had the Libby serviced religeously by the dealer who signed off to the maintenance logbook for each service. So even if something goes wrong down the road at least the previous owner took the time and $$$$ to have it serviced correctly which makes me feel even better to have bought this Libby over all the other ones I looked at.

Any other hidden stuff you guys want to tell me about? idea.gif

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
:) Don't you love that warm and fuzzy feeling? :)

Um, what else is hidden...

Can't think of anything. Sorry.

Well you might be able to hide some stuff in the bottom of the airbox, lol. :D

Last edited:

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off why didn't you guys tell me the owners manual was concealed in a shelf in the glove box! :confused:

Anyhow, I never knew that is where it was (thus why I spent $25 and bought one off of eBay) and to my surprise the previous owner had the Libby serviced religeously by the dealer who signed off to the maintenance logbook for each service. So even if something goes wrong down the road at least the previous owner took the time and $$$$ to have it serviced correctly which makes me feel even better to have bought this Libby over all the other ones I looked at.

Dude...there's like half a dozen threads (at least) talking about the hidden owner's manual.

aksloan

Reaction score
Dude...there's like half a dozen threads (at least) talking about the hidden owner's manual.

"Dude", like why I would I look for a thread on a hidden owners manual? Guess I'm just not as smart as you to deduct that if an owners manual is not in plain view in the glove box it must be hidden. :rolleyes:

Sarcasm - It beats killing people! ----- there are meds for that Dude.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...I managed to find it before I bought another one....besides which, you don't have to search for it, if you do any decent reading through the forums, you would've TRIPPED OVER IT. Meds don't cure intolerance of cranial rectosis.

GKreamer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When we bought our Libby the OM was in the lower portion of the glovebox. Then a friend's teenage son was checking out the Libby and asked me if I wanted the OM in the space for it...

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When we bought our Libby the OM was in the lower portion of the glovebox. Then a friend's teenage son was checking out the Libby and asked me if I wanted the OM in the space for it...
I don't care who ya are, that's funny right thar...

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Some of the KJ's have a hidden flux capacitor, you just need to install a Mr. Fusion Home Energy Reactor to use it. :D

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha, idk how long it took me to figure that out. Ive never needed it but I know its there if I do!

I am always using it... half of my 1 hour drive is due south going in / north going home and it always seems the rising / setting sun was peeking through the gap. Once I discovered that, problem solved.

Our other vehicle is a Mazda 6 and it has the exact same problem, but I've tugged and tugged and it won't move! Turns out the warranty booklet that came with the car fits nicely in a pocket on the back of the visor, and can be slid out appropriately to block the sun out of the gap! ;)

vaughan1966

Reaction score
theirs cup holds in the back doors :). OH,and the big round thingy on the back I hear its a extra tire.

aksloan

Reaction score
OH,and the big round thingy on the back I hear its a extra tire.

Are you telling me that cone shaped thing on the back is for a tire :eek:

I thought it was a battering ram of some kind.... guess I better go back to the dealer and tell them they owe me a tire.... and here I thought the spare was hidden behind the owners manual in the glove box! :cool:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It took me 6 months to find out that after I shut the ignition off I could still roll the windows/sunroof up and down as long as I didn't open the door first. I didn't recall seeing that in the owners manual either.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.