a/c problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sirthor1881

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had a clutch failure on my a/c compressor. I replaced the compressor, orifice tube /In the hose, and the Accumulator. I held a vacuum on the system till 30 in hg. and left it on for about 45 mins to hour. I then charged the system. It has about 2, 12 ounce cans in it. I know it holds something around 1.6 lbs or so decal said.

I am having trouble with the system not cycling the clutch. I replaced the low pressure switch that mounts to the accumulator. Does the system use that switch and the high pressure switch to regulate the pressures? I have worked on many a/c systems on construction equipment, but they all used a capillary tube going to the a/c switch and the evaporator and that was what hepled to cycle the system off/on.

Maybe I don't have enough charge in the system? I don't think that it is able to pull all of the can into the system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your very undercharged.Those single cans are a very bad way to fill a AC system as you really have no idea how much is actually going into your system.Plus if the can states 12oz's you may actually only get 8-10oz's useasble.

Just have a shop do it,almost all are having super cheap specials now anyways.

Also did you add the correct amount of PAG oil? Very important when chaning all that stuff out.

Sirthor1881

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, when I filled it with PAG, I drained the old compressor measured and the new one. I put back in the amount oil that was removed from the old compressor. I added the amount listed that you(TJKJ2002) had listed in a previous post for the accumulator.

I put a good vacuum on it to 30 in Hg. and held it to that point for about 30-45 mins it was about an hour with the vac. pump.

I have never ran into an a/c system that will stay on and run if still undercharged. I guess it's just not low enough to kick the LP switch?

I will take it and have a recovery machine put on it and vac'd and recharged to spec.

TnRebel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, when I filled it with PAG, I drained the old compressor measured and the new one. I put back in the amount oil that was removed from the old compressor. I added the amount listed that you(TJKJ2002) had listed in a previous post for the accumulator.

I put a good vacuum on it to 30 in Hg. and held it to that point for about 30-45 mins it was about an hour with the vac. pump.

I have never ran into an a/c system that will stay on and run if still undercharged. I guess it's just not low enough to kick the LP switch?

I will take it and have a recovery machine put on it and vac'd and recharged to spec.

did you shut the pump off and watched you vac. pressure to see if it held or you had a leak ?

Members online

No members online now.