A/C Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chelsea

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Jeep Liberty and my AC will only come out of the defrost vents; it doesn't come out of the regular vents on the dash. I was told I needed to replace the AC switch?? Has anyone else had this problem. :shrug:

Thank you in advance for your help!

07 liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same problem. After looking under hood I found a vacuum line had come out of bracket and dropped down and melted. Look at vacuum line that runs horizontal along top of firewall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Jeep Liberty and my AC will only come out of the defrost vents; it doesn't come out of the regular vents on the dash. I was told I needed to replace the AC switch?? Has anyone else had this problem. :shrug:

Thank you in advance for your help!

Yeah as 07 liberty says it is definitely a vacuum line gone loose somewhere...you need to trace it all the way from the intake manifold into the cabin....this has got nothing to do with the AC switch....someone may have bumped it off while working in the engine bay.:shrug:

jmnetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my old XJ at least, the blower resistor going out made it so the blower fan could only be full-on or full-off, I haven't heard of it causing symptoms like the OP... The vacuum line sounds more likely to me.

(With my old XJ I eventually had to replace the whole blower fan because the original one was drawing too many amps and frying either the fuse or the resistor over and over. But that's an irrelevant aside if I've ever written one...)

mightybeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when my vents wouldnt transition from defrost to cabin it ended up that my battery was dying. since new battery, no issue. id get get yer battery checked.

deliciousdaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Florida and the Jeep is having a hard time getting cool. When I drive 50 mph it seems to get pretty cool. It seems that when I put it on recirculate it does not seem to blow as hard as it used too. Maybe something is stuck in a vent? When I put it on "face" setting it blows hard but not very cool. I had a part replaced that was leaking freon 6 months ago. Its getting annoying, I want my ac to blow icicles...