A/C and overhead computer problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rogersjam

Reaction score
I know others have an A/C problem but overhead computer also???

I have a 2005 Renegade, 2 months old, just reached 4200 miles. Drove around today for a little while. I return home and my A/C blows hot air. I drive like this for a while and notice my overhead computer is not functioning properly. It correctly shows the trip mileage and outside temp, but the miles per gallon reads ------ and the miles left to empty also shows -------. After about two miles of driving, turn off my Jeep and restart and the A/C blows cold air and computer is functioning properly. Now what would the A/C have to do with the overhead computer malfunctioning. About 15 minutes later I get out of the Jeep. Return 45 minutes later, crank it up and A/C blows hot, computer is messed up again. I restart the engine and it works fine for a 45 minute drive. What is going on with this thing?

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
electrical or computer gremlins....mine has been plagued with them, but I thought it was an '02 thing. :-k

dnm45227

Reaction score
We took our 05 rennie in today, they called and said it was fixed (wife didn't ask what was wrong). We didn't get chance to p/u, but I'll let you know what they say. Since I don't get to drive the new car, I'll have to ask her to keep an eye on the evic.

phantom2

Reaction score
I've been having the same a/c problem but I don't have the overhead computer.Whenever the a/c stops working.you shut off the motor and it starts to work again.I've had it in the shop 4 times,it's there right now, and they can't find anything wrong.Last time they ripped the whole dash apart and replaced the evaporator but it's still doing the same thing.

Latest posts

Members online