99 Cherokee Sport instrument cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imirish247

Reaction score
A dealer estimated 1300.00 to replace an intermittent cluster problem on my 99 jeep cherokee sport.
I found a 99 cluster on e-bay and wonder if it is difficult to replace.[/color]

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
that it is.....but magically it appears in the cherokee section...

anywho....shouldnt be too bad....i think those chilton or haynes manuals should explain in some sort of detail how to pop one out, and pop them back in...

2003KJ

Reaction score
well wait a second before you go replacing it, what exactly is it doing that warrants repair?

imirish247

Reaction score
The air bag light will come on, the speedometer will stop working, dash lights will dim ... all very random and intermittent.

imirish247

Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:
that it is.....but magically it appears in the cherokee section...

anywho....shouldnt be too bad....i think those chilton or haynes manuals should explain in some sort of detail how to pop one out, and pop them back in...

Thanks. There is one out on e-bay. If I win the bid, I'll let you know how it goes.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Intermittent dash failure is very common on the late 90's Cherokee's and Wranglers. Check out www.naxja.org and do a search on there and I gaurntee you you'll find your soultion.

imirish247

Reaction score
Thanks for responding -

2003KJ said:
Intermittent dash failure is very common on the late 90's Cherokee's and Wranglers. Check out www.naxja.org and do a search on there and I gaurntee you you'll find your soultion.

imirish247

Reaction score
Intermittent Cluster 99 Cherokee Sport

Thanks for responding. I registered at the link you suggested.
Have a great week-end! :-&

2003KJ

Reaction score
Not a problem, just wanted to give you a heads up b/c chances are you can fix it alot cheaper than it would be to replace it.