4wheeling on old gas roads!(alot of pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like I give the lost board to much attention and leave jeepkj out, so i figured it would post my little trip I took yesterday.

I love driving around in the hills. This is the first good day weve had for spring so I headed back up the mountain. I have about 26 pics.

Remember that a hill is alot steeper than it looks on camera. I tried to keep it level to show them good.

Going up the hill.

First switch-back
You must be registered for see images attach

Second switch-back

Hill just after turning

On the ridge.

Dont make fun of my mud hole. Its actually about 1 1/2 feet deep. I hate mud anyway.

The turn off I take on the trail

The main road goes just about 1/4 of a mile on around to a gas well but a tree fell across the road.

It was kinda hard getting up the hill with the stock tires and the locker I have sitting in the back of the jeep in a box didnt help to much. Need to get that in sometime.

Had to get a tree out of the road.

Moving along.

Dont think my red devil can get this one out of the way.

I got out and walked the rest of it and wouldnt do it without my locker and skids I have coming tomorrow. Its some rough stuff. I think a bigger lift would be nice also. That front skid got used a couple of times.

Couple of pics after the tree.

I stopped after this one. I was alone and started to feel alittle weird about getting that far away from the jeep without anyone with me. I think it loops back around and comes out on the main blacktop road, not to sure though.

I walked about a mile after I got out of the jeep and I was about to die. I am so out of shape. It felt great to see the jeep again.

Blue_Liberty

Reaction score
That looks like it was a fun drive. I like trails like that, not too extreme but keeps you on your toes. Nice scenery too.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good pic's........Looks like a nice trail to explore, and right next to your house too...Couldn't ask for more.

Dave

PS - Was that a baby-big-foot track I saw next to your hand???????

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also liked the pic of the upside-down hummer that tried to go up the trail before you..........

Dave

2003KJ

Reaction score
cool pics, but, you couldn't atleast go flying through that mud puddle atleast ONCE?

and I think your KJ shines more than mine does, and i wash mine once a week.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Last time i went through a mud hole fast, I heard a loud thunk..(engine skid hitting a rock or something...)....then the dude in front of me adam.....said "told ya it was deep" LoL..

everyone else behind me went slower... (whistle)

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos Jeepster. Looked like fun! I'd love to find roads like that around my area! luxhello.gif

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave said:
Good pic's........Looks like a nice trail to explore, and right next to your house too...Couldn't ask for more.

Dave

PS - Was that a baby-big-foot track I saw next to your hand???????

I think it was a mountain lion, which is kinda scary seens how I was up there by myself.

2003KJ, Ive went through that mud hole with speed a couple of times and I get tired of cleaning mud off of everything. I have a nice BIG scratch on the front bumper also from it hitting, I guess I went alittle to fast. I have another scratch too from hitting a pile of dirt when doing a 500 point turn. Ohh yea, there was the time I get a gas line, Ahhh nevermind that one. :-$

Ohh, yea I like a clean jeep 2003KJ. Thats the only bad thing, I like it shiny with NO scratches, but LOVE taking it off road. Idk. 8-[

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just now found this thread and those are some great pics. Suffice to say that I am jealous of your adventure, it looks like it would be a fun place to explore.