49k... what should i be looking at on a service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmuuzzyy

Reaction score
Ive had my Jeep for a month now and the milage is approaching 50k (miles not KM). The dealer service book is stamped to 40k miles but has no indication as to what my jeeps had replaced.

I will be getting a small independant garage to give it a service and want to check that they do everything the service schedule requires...

So.... after doing a bit of research, ive got these on my list to do for the 50k.
Could someone check to see if ive missed anything from the list below.

•Replace Spark plugs
•Replace Engine Oil and filter
•Check and adjust drive belts
•Replace Air filter
•Replace PCV valve
•Change fuel filter
•Change Axel oils
•Change Transfer box oil
•Change Auto transmission oil

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had my Jeep for a month now and the milage is approaching 50k (miles not KM). The dealer service book is stamped to 40k miles but has no indication as to what my jeeps had replaced.

I will be getting a small independant garage to give it a service and want to check that they do everything the service schedule requires...

So.... after doing a bit of research, ive got these on my list to do for the 50k.
Could someone check to see if ive missed anything from the list below.

•Replace Spark plugs
•Replace Engine Oil and filter
•Check and adjust drive belts
•Replace Air filter
•Replace PCV valve
•Change fuel filter
•Change Axel oils
•Change Transfer box oil
•Change Auto transmission oil
-plugs---every 30,000 miles
-can't adjust belt,only replace
-air filter----when it's dirty
-PCV---every 30,000 miles
-fuel filter----I change mine every 30,000 but they are a dealer only item and they are about $120 and you need to drop the gas tank to change it(it sits on top of the tank)
-diffs-----every 12,000 miles
-******-every 30,000 miles(ATF+4 only)
-t-case-----every 30,000 or so miles,I change mine every 6000miles,it's only 2 qts ATF+4 and 15 min to change so why not.

Don't for get th PS fluid.

Latest posts

Members online