4"+ lift for kk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Voltumus

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Im new here but have been reading like crazy and trying to figure out how to get 4"+ on my kk liberty. A lot of lifts and parts discussed are no longer available. Jba only offer the uca now wich is on order now. They recommended Bilstein 5100's for front to get 4". Ive seen pros and cons on Bilstein and when I contacted them they said was max of 2.5" anyways. Can someone please help me out here. I don't want to go with some crap kit. I. Also not rich but willing to put out the $$.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Im new here but have been reading like crazy and trying to figure out how to get 4"+ on my kk liberty. A lot of lifts and parts discussed are no longer available. Jba only offer the uca now wich is on order now. They recommended Bilstein 5100's for front to get 4". Ive seen pros and cons on Bilstein and when I contacted them they said was max of 2.5" anyways. Can someone please help me out here. I don't want to go with some crap kit. I. Also not rich but willing to put out the $$.
Only option is the OME springs with either Bilstein ( NOT THE 5100S ) OR OME shocks with proper bumpstops etc
Woith the JBA UCAs you can go up to 3.25-3.50 without getting into UCA/ spring contact
4 inch is basically unobtainable anymore
But OME springs
2927 front
2731 rear
teraflex front bumpstops ( have to call them to order , they have them in stock )
for the rear 2 per side Hockey pucks bolted down to the lower spring perch if using proper width and backspaced wheels
Other things to boost above 2.5 inches we can give you
Why 4 inches ?
What are your plans on tire size etc ?

Voltumus

Reaction score
Ty so much for replying.This is project truck. It will not see much road driving. Tire size as big as possible. Will be changing rims for more - offset as well. Looking for taller not wider tires. I don't want to go as far as cradle drops. This thing will mostly see light trails in Florida. Not mudding. Nothing crazy. Also with those shocks 1.6* ome were recommended. Trying to figure that part # out ATM.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OME front shocks 60069
OME rear 132Ls
1.6 OME recommended ??????? what and by whom ?
With 2.5 / 3 inch lift 245-75-16s is about it
and that is with pounding over the pinch welds up front
Of course then if trying to go larger , a regear

You can do a clevis up front ( 3/8 inch clevis ) for 3/4 inch more lift putting you at 21.25 ( 3.25 above NEW stock height
and one extra upper iso in the rear
If you go with wheels with more offset ( actually less since I assume you want say 3 inches or so so you look like the Bro Trucks, 5 inches is stock ) you're shooting yourself in the foot due to needing to limit articulation resulting in needing to run 3 or more inches of rear bumpstop
either 7 inch wide wheels with 4 inches of backspacing or 8 inch wide with 5 inches of backspacing ( with 8 wide 265-70-16s work well / same height as the 245-75-16s ) work the best for looks, articulation etc

I run two of the JBA set ups on my 03, current DD ( at 2.5 ) and 04 ( at 4.5 ) and OME on the 05
98% of the 68 Liberty lifts we've done were OMEs great set up

Last edited:

Voltumus

Reaction score
Ty for all the help. I only want to do it once and make it last. I will look into that setup later tonight. I'm trying to do this for my father in between my other projects.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ty for all the help. I only want to do it once and make it last. I will look into that setup later tonight. I'm trying to do this for my father in between my other projects.
Well that set up will do it once and last
My first OME set up on my 04 , installed with the 04 only having a bit less than 20,000 miles , removed it at 121,000 miles and sold the whole lift to a friend
And yes it was still at almost the same height as when installed, and that was with an ARB bumper up front, rock rails, aftermarket heavy skids etc
I was doing testing with JBA on various lifts so upgraded to other setups etc to test so reason for removing it then