4 inch lift vs 2.5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a better deal for you:

Bilstein HD front shocks - $10 cheaper and free shipping from ShockWarehouse.com.

If those Durango shocks don't work out you can get the same free shipping deal from Shock Warehouse for the rear. But since the rear is so much easier to switch out than the front you have more flexibility to make changes back there.

You're getting closer!

Bob

That's not a bad deal at all. So if I do the rear 4" springs, y link extension, ironman springs up front, the bilsteins up front and clevis and top plate... I should have around 4" of lift In the rear and 3.5 upfront?

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not a bad deal at all. So if I do the rear 4" springs, y link extension, ironman springs up front, the bilsteins up front and clevis and top plate... I should have around 4" of lift In the rear and 3.5 upfront?

Yep, though I think you'll be closer to 3.75" in the front. You might have a slight rake - leaning a bit back to front (nose down.) A very nice setup that I think you'll LOVE. Besides, you'll have the only Liberty that looks like that and you'll surprise the CRAP out of the Wrangler guys with it's capabilities :headbang:

Bob

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey so does anyone know the part number(if someone has purchased these themselves) for the Monroe sensatrac load adjusting shocks(shocks with the springs around them) that'll work with 4 inches of lift in the back?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
58649, very easy to look up the number
But you need to be hauling a lot all the time or have extra heavy bumper/skids etc for them to work right
I saw no mention of JBA UCAs
with 3.75-4 inches of lift in the front you'll have coil/upper control arm contact real bad, even with them you'll have some contact unless below 3.5

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah so after I originally posted this how ever long ago I've found out that I need the Control arms. Here's a picture of my cart on JBA. And of my shock warehouse cart.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

So the entire lift will consist of:
FRONT
Ironman LR C up front
Bilsteins up front
1/2in top plate
3 conduit nuts.
JBA arms
Bumpstops(teraflex)
Front will be right around 3.75"
2" in springs
1.75" in spacers
BACK
4" JBA springs
Y link extension
Monroe shocks
Bumpstops(homemade)

All and all $1150 with shipping

Last edited:

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What height are you sitting at currently? You don't want to go over 22.5 in the front, otherwise as has been stated you will run in to the upper control arm contacting the spring.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What height are you sitting at currently? You don't want to go over 22.5 in the front, otherwise as has been stated you will run in to the upper control arm contacting the spring.

At this very moment I'm sitting around 24"........without a motor
With a motor I sit at 21

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
1/2 inch top plate in front ????????????, better rethink that

No no no
sorry you're sitting yourself up for a lot of problems
adding a 1/4 inch top plate in front is OK, 1/2 inch is too much with 3/8 inch clevis ( you will be in the 4.25-4.50 range, not good even with JBA UCAs

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Using a 1/2 inch top plate and you won't have any threads left to put nuts onto hardly. Plus have to make your own, since no one makes them.
The way its been posted 10,000 times works, and it works for a reason. 1/4 inch top plate, 3/8 inch clevis
it works since 1/4 inch gives you an easy 1/2 inch lift plus have enough bolt to run the nuts down securely
3/8 inch clevis works since you get 3/4 inch lift and going any more you're pulling the Shock up out of the clevis too much,
together its a nice combination

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had plenty of thread left. That's what is on there now But once I buy this lift I'll drop it down to 1/4 with 3/8 clevis. So will 1/4 top plate, 3/8 clevis, and iron man springs give me the 3.5-3.75" I want?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I had plenty of thread left. That's what is on there now But once I buy this lift I'll drop it down to 1/4 with 3/8 clevis. So will 1/4 top plate, 3/8 clevis, and iron man springs give me the 3.5-3.75" I want?

You don't have stock tops or something then since I've never seen any that you could run that much and have threads above the nut, trust me I've tried every combo there is /was

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a possibility because I have threads above my nuts on both sides. But thanks for all the help