30,000 mile

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I call ******** on the chassis lube, unless of course they sprayed it with your used engine oil. All of the stock bits on a KJ are lube-for-life and cannot be serviced. Also a WTF on the air flow settings.

Yeah, WTF are those .....chassis lube and air flow settings.........WTF? I would say something, but then I would have to ban myself....... :happy175:

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Muffler bearings?

Dave, you wouldn't have to ban yourself, I could...haha :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave, you wouldn't have to ban yourself, I could...haha :D

Thanks for your help HJ...............:smokin:

---------

No problem Ian....:party52:

-----------

BTT

Dave

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow needed rear brakes at 43000 miles?
I wonder how some people drive burning up brakes that fast.
I swapped my rears out at 100,000 and they were still good shape yet, ebrake ones are still stock at 153,000

I've replaced both my front and rear brakes already. And I have only 33,000 on mine. My rears i replaced around 20K and my fronts around 30K. The Traction Control really eats them up. My winters are filled a light dusting of snow every other day and I really don't use the 4x4 for that so the traction control pretty much kicks on all the time going up hills and from starting to move from a dead stop to compensate. Traction control is a Blessing and curse. but get used to it. It's a Standard on all vehicles now.

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That is an interesting observation. You sure the calipers were not sticking?
I would have never thought that the traction control would kick in so often, to cause the rear brakes to wear so much in 20k miles. That is brutal.
Were you able to just replace the pads or had to do the discs as well?

Last edited:

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is an interesting observation. You sure the calipers were not sticking?
I would have never thought that the traction control would kick in so often, to cause the rear brakes to wear so much in 20k miles. That is brutal.
Were you able to just replace the pads or had to do the discs as well?

Nothing was sticking. I had that check.
I had both discs and pads replaced. That probably b/c stupid me I went to the dealer. Now that it's off warranty i'll be doing them my self. I just replaced all the brakes on wife's KJ for less than it cost me to replace my front brakes.

If you take it easy the traction control doesn't kick on that much but at 1st I didn't realize how much of my brakes I was really chewing up with the traction control so i didn't care. but now I do lol