3.7 Ticking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dominator

Reaction score
Any info on 3.7s making a very faint lifter ticking noise at idle only and dissapearing as the rpms increase? o4 rene, i know it is overhead cam no lifters. The dealer says it is normal noise, i have 6 months of warranty left and want to get this resovled. I was thinking maybe exhaust leak? Other than that the motar is very healthy no problems.

Thanks

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any info on 3.7s making a very faint lifter ticking noise at idle only and dissapearing as the rpms increase? o4 rene, i know it is overhead cam no lifters. The dealer says it is normal noise, i have 6 months of warranty left and want to get this resovled. I was thinking maybe exhaust leak? Other than that the motar is very healthy no problems.

Thanks
You do have lifters,well not exactly called lifters but do the same thing as lifters.The noise you are hearing is the injectors firing,and yes it is perfectly normal.It might be a little bit of lifter knock also since when fully warmed up the 3.7 has a normal operating oil pressure of 2-4psi at idle.

Latest posts

Members online