3.7 missing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dorsai

Reaction score
2002 KJ with 200k miles. It threw a flashing code, which read P0302, misfires, bad ignition coil, cylinder 4. I'm unemployed and money short so I just bought the one coil instead of six. Replaced it and I'm still throwing the same code.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Conundrum2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um I think that code is for cylinder 2, a quick test is to just swap coil on the engine and see if the failure moves with it. Could also be a spark plug.

Sadly you probably need a compression test on that cylinder to see if it's below spec.

But others here probably have a better understanding of this problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, P0302 is misfire on #2, not 4.

Swap the coils between 2 & 4 and see if the code moves. Did you check the plugs when you had the coil off?

Dorsai

Reaction score
Yep, P0302 is misfire on #2, not 4.

Swap the coils between 2 & 4 and see if the code moves. Did you check the plugs when you had the coil off?

No, but it was raining. I'll swap the coils, check for an accidental ground, clean the terminals, and put in a new set of plugs and hope that does it. Sounds like a good start anyhow.

Thanks ~

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first read the title to this thread I wondered how your engine up and left... "3.7 missing."

I mean, where could it hide? :happy175::happy175::happy175:

Bob

Latest posts

Members online