3.7 Engine Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loves_off_roading

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 3.7 is pretty loud when I first start it but after a few mins it's quiet.

That fan sure is loud tho.

MotorParts

Reaction score
We have about 800 miles on the car now and the engine is pretty quite for the first few minutes with only light ticking.
After it warms up the ticking gets considerably louder and I think there is a very light knocking noise also. The light knocking noise is on the passenger side and the ticking is louder on that side also. The oil is full and looks new.
I will be taking it in to the dealer between 1500 and 2000 miles for the first oil change. My guess is they will say the noises are normal. If there is a problem it should show up well before the warranty runs out.

And yes at times the fan is really loud.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
We have about 800 miles on the car now and the engine is pretty quite for the first few minutes with only light ticking.
After it warms up the ticking gets considerably louder and I think there is a very light knocking noise also. The light knocking noise is on the passenger side and the ticking is louder on that side also. The oil is full and looks new.
I will be taking it in to the dealer between 1500 and 2000 miles for the first oil change. My guess is they will say the noises are normal. If there is a problem it should show up well before the warranty runs out.

](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is real quiet now...now that I replaced my failing water pump.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have about 800 miles on the JEEP now and the engine is pretty quite for the first few minutes with only light ticking.

Fixed it for you.

Mine makes some noise at startup and then after a few seconds it quiets down. Then it runs quiet. The amount of start-up noise seems directly related to how cold it is out.

Dave