235-85

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WarVet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys run 235-85-r16's without backspaced rims and no rubbing? I only have a 3 inch suspension lift...

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they may rub being so tall with 3 inches of lift. Rear will need bump stops to keep fenders, stock gearing will be your biggest issue and it driving like a dog. your going to want 4.10s.

see all previous posts about 265 75 16's as they are similar in diameter.

WarVet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they may rub being so tall with 3 inches of lift. Rear will need bump stops to keep fenders, stock gearing will be your biggest issue and it driving like a dog. your going to want 4.10s.

see all previous posts about 265 75 16's as they are similar in diameter.

Yeah....Ive researched the 265 75 16's....was going to go with them but I was concerned with the width...gonna regear to 4.10 this summer sometime but I am needing tires first....I have shot measurements on my wheel wells and it seems like they should fit....Just being xtra careful

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They'll rub on the sway bar when turned full right or left some
what do you measure from middle of wheel to bottom of flare, everyones 3 inches is different it seems anymore
PLUS if you're going to install them get and not regear till later you'll hate driving it, or at least I did

WarVet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They'll rub on the sway bar when turned full right or left some
what do you measure from middle of wheel to bottom of flare, everyones 3 inches is different it seems anymore
PLUS if you're going to install them get and not regear till later you'll hate driving it, or at least I did

I am disabled, so I might drive 5 miles a week, so I sould be ok....I went from the center of the wheel and spun a circle like a compass holding at 16 inches for 32 inch(31.8) tires and it seemed to have plenty of room...either way the guy at the tire shop said hed put them on for free no obligation so I could check em out...

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had them on mine for 3 years with a 2.5" lift and I actually go off road. I re-geared after the first year but the extra awesomeness of the CRD was able to compensate.

Members online

No members online now.