235/75/16s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikejeepNJ

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm in desperate need of new tires and unfortunately am on a budget. My 04 has 235/75/16s on it currently so I was wondering if there was any recommended tires in that size.

Would any other sizes fit as well? Any searches I've done when punching in my KJ's specs on some tire sites has given me at most 3 results.

No lift mods or anything, just needing fresh tires that'll do me well in the winter.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm in desperate need of new tires and unfortunately am on a budget. My 04 has 235/75/16s on it currently so I was wondering if there was any recommended tires in that size.

Would any other sizes fit as well? Any searches I've done when punching in my KJ's specs on some tire sites has given me at most 3 results.

No lift mods or anything, just needing fresh tires that'll do me well in the winter.

Surprised you have 235/75! Those are an inch taller than stock and you're unlifted. Stock size is 235/70/16. I would drop down to that size. There are plenty of tire opinions here...so I would figure out the type of tire (A/T, highway, M/T) you want first before asking!

mikejeepNJ

Reaction score
Surprised you have 235/75! Those are an inch taller than stock and you're unlifted. Stock size is 235/70/16. I would drop down to that size. There are plenty of tire opinions here...so I would figure out the type of tire (A/T, highway, M/T) you want first before asking!

Thank you! That is great to know that 235/75 isn't my only option, I see much more selection and common use of 235/70 for KJs. I'll be honest that I'm pretty green with all this, only been back driving for two years now.

I suppose in terms of tire type I'm looking for A/T. I do light highway driving daily to work but for a total of about 10 miles daily, the rest is local roads. Having snow/ice/rain covered surface traction is important though. So something that'd be a good for daily 22 mile round trip commutes, occasional highway trips and will do me well in the winter is what I'm looking for.

Thank you again!

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For that size, I would suggest looking into these three tires and deciding what you like best as far as price, ratings, and what other people say. I've seen that these tires all receive relatively high praise on this board (do a search of each tire and see if you can find threads referring to them).

Hankook Dynapro ATM
Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct

I have these. They have GREAT traction, work very well in the snow, and have shown minimal wear over the 25k miles I've had them on already. I expect to get over their 50k tread warranty.

Yokohama Geolander A/T-S
Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct

I think Leeann has these on her Jeep. I believe she speaks very highly of them and reviews say the same.

Firestone Destination A/T
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ESTATOWL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I can't remember who has these tires on their Jeep on here...but I remember them being praised highly.

You're going to get A LOT of opinions on tires, especially from the more respected members on this forum. The general consensus is that you get what you pay for. In these three cases, I find that you likely get more bang for your buck (but maybe not as much bang as, say Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac, which don't come in that size, but do come in a comparable size...forget which. They're very expensive though.)

I purchased from Discount Tire Direct because of their free shipping as well as competitive tire prices.

Hope that helps!!

Last edited:

92fox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They that bad? lol

I'm going with Firestone Destination A/T's probably...just deciding between a few sizes

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mastercraft Courser C/T, mickey thompson stz, and wild country xtx would be some other option

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the 235-75 16's fit and rode good? What's your fender height?

I always see people talking about what will and will not fit without a lift, I had a pair of LT245/75R16 AT's on my 2003 Renegade with stock suspension and was completely fine and never rubbed, However when I bought my mud tires I did go to LT225/75R16 just to give more clearance for suspension flex off road.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always see people talking about what will and will not fit without a lift, I had a pair of LT245/75R16 AT's on my 2003 Renegade with stock suspension and was completely fine and never rubbed, However when I bought my mud tires I did go to LT225/75R16 just to give more clearance for suspension flex off road.

The exception doesn't make the rule .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk