215/85-16 on stocker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtnfoke

Reaction score
Out of all the many tire size discussions I have read here and elsewhere I have never seen one mentioning this tire size of 215/85-16 on a stock Liberty. I'm just wondering if it's a fit without rub since it's taller at 30.4" but actually the same width of 8.46" as the stock 215/75-16 that came on our '04. I actually prefer a taller, narrower tire where we live in the northern mountains of Utah because it seems to go better in the rain, snow (deep and hardpack) and offroad on rock and dirt. I run a 255/85-16 Mesa C/T (not one of the recalls in recent news) from Big O on my Ram 1500 and it's one diggin' tire. I'm considering the Mesa A/P in the 215/85-16 size if any one can confirm that the size will work on my wife's stock KJ.

jroeder

Reaction score
I ran 215/85-16s on my stock height Lib during the summer because the tires were free and I got the extra rims for cheap. Since they're usually E Load range tires, the ride can get a little choppy. I inflate mine to 40psi and the ride is acceptable. Don't expect much in the way of sidewall flex when they're aired down ( have had them to 12psi, no discernable flex). I had zero problems with rubbing, since the tire is narrow. Now, with a 2.5" lift there will be loads of room.