215/75/R15????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarineKJ

Reaction score
Has anymore tried this size or a 225/75/R16 in a BFG mud terrain? Any rubbing? Also, does anyone have or heard of any fitment troubles with the Cragar Soft 8 15X7 4.25"BS or Cragar Soft 8 16X7 4.50" BS? I don't want to lift the Jeep right now, just need some insurance when I go hunting. Tired of my Dad poking fun at a very capable Jeep. Boy is he gonna be surprised in his fullsize Chevy w/ a little V-6. I can't wait to pull him out. Thanks in advance for any help. BTW, if anyone has pics with any of these on their non-lifted Jeep please send.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
225/75/16 Is one of the stock tire sizes so you can pretty much put any style of tire on that you want without much chance of rubbing.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
However, you are looking changing the BS which could potentially create major rubbing. Stock RIMS run at a 5.5" BS, so going past 1" of a difference may not be a good idea.

Unless I'm way off by thinking this way since the tire size is still in stock (just Mud Terrain).

MarineKJ

Reaction score
I wasn't sure because I bought a 29/10.5/15 Super Swamper Thornbird and put in on a 3.75 BS 15" rim with a little rubbing, but it lifted my Jeep 1 1\2 " at the bottom edge of the top center of my fender right above the wheel. BTW, found out on Friday that BFG doesn't make that size any longer only 215/75/15. Its smaller but not much. Any thoughts on this? Thanks for any advice.