2010 JK Just installed 35's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've actually waived at many many KJ's since getting the JK and have yet to receive a wave back. Not really many modified around here though so they probably are not even aware the wave exists. I did come across a white one with an Arb bumper and roof rack that I tried to wave at with no luck.. I was driving a mini cooper when I waved though so that probably just confused the guy.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've actually waived at many many KJ's since getting the JK and have yet to receive a wave back. Not really many modified around here though so they probably are not even aware the wave exists. I did come across a white one with an Arb bumper and roof rack that I tried to wave at with no luck.. I was driving a mini cooper when I waved though so that probably just confused the guy.

He more than likely thought you were a wanna be Jeeper

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Probably thought you were hitting on him since you were in the mini. :gr_grin:

Can't say I've ever been waved at in the KJ. I've had people come up and ask me about it quite a few times, but less times in the decade it's been heavily modified than people have asked about the JK in the few months I've had it. To be honest, the wave is actually starting to get annoying. It's at least half a dozen times a day driving a lifted JK on 35's around town.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a fun fact for everyone. The mini cooper folks have their own wave as well. Noticed this while driving my GF's. I wonder aside from harley's and Jeeps (well and mini's) who else does it among themselves.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do the Vette wave. Actually, I'm pretty sure we Vette guys invented "the wave". lol
I've been doing it since the 80's, but I've noticed that many of the guys driving the newer Vette's don't seem to get it. I stopped bothering to wave to anything newer than a C5.

Latest posts

Members online