2009 Jeep KK Changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Quoted From Allpar:

jeep liberty

Jeep Liberty, like the similar Nitro, was retuned with rear axle and shafts, steering gear, springs, shocks, brakes, and anti-roll bars all getting tweaks. Floor mats and auto unlock became standard; the usual satellite radio option was added; and equipment packages were changed around. The Limited model was considerably enhanced to make the extra cost well worth it, with remote express-open front windows and, in Jeep’s words, “soft-touch door uppers, all monochrome/dark gray interior, soft door armrest, leather-wrapped shift knob, dual in-mold film for instrument panel and console and leather-wrapped parking brake, steering wheel and grab handles.”
About darn time for the Limited. It really wasn't worth getting when going inside.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly, I kept comparing Limited and Sport, and there weren't a lot of limited-like features. How about transmission wise? Any updates to ****** from 08 to 09?

PS: What is "dual in-mold film"?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Well the '08 KK Was marketed to a different crowd. Even the KJ never sold with a manual in huge numbers, but even less KKs I'd imagine are sold with a manual. Why pay the money to build a vehicle which doesn't sell? (And why continue to pay for Mercedes' overpriced transmissions?)

DnvrJeepGuy

Reaction score
Then I'm sure glad I got my manual KK when I did. I *love* driving a manual ******.

Mr_Nick

Reaction score
Well the '08 KK Was marketed to a different crowd. Even the KJ never sold with a manual in huge numbers, but even less KKs I'd imagine are sold with a manual. Why pay the money to build a vehicle which doesn't sell? (And why continue to pay for Mercedes' overpriced transmissions?)

My honest opinion... because Joe Public American driver is lazy, and not as concerned about fuel mileage as the general public claims to be. Not only is the manual transmission less money to begin with, but they usually get better gas mileage as well. But ya know... it's not as easy to sip your Starbucks while shifting a manual trans. :D

No disrespect to anybody, just my opinion.

KKDude08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a truck, who cares if it has a stick? Auto has greater towing capacity anyway. If it needs a stick then maybe jeep should make them with a wing and fartbox as well.

nchorselover55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I could do the stick thing with the Liberty.... but, oh well, the Rubicon grew too tall for the wheelchair lift... and the Liberty does just fine - still have the Rubicon:) with its 35's;)

midrider

Reaction score
Any word on the 4.0 engine ? I saw one report saying it was available . but the dealer said that there was no new 4.0 motor only the 3.7 ? do we have an option?

KKDude08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove the Nitro with the 4.0 and 5spd, makes more noise, acceleration is the same, and it rides rougher. Its a piece of crap, 4.0 is useless and the 5spd does nothing, even on the highway.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I drove the Nitro with the 4.0 and 5spd, makes more noise, acceleration is the same, and it rides rougher. Its a piece of crap, 4.0 is useless and the 5spd does nothing, even on the highway.

I've driven the 4.0L and it is an improvement in each vehicle I've driven it with. Nitro, Pacifica, Minivans. The main advantage of the 4.0L isn't really the power, the torque remains somewhat constant through the rev range.

A 4.0L powered Dodge Grand Caravan I believe is currently the fastest minivan available with an 8.X second 0-60 time. It works best with the 6 Speed Automatic though. Not such a HUGE difference in the Nitro though.

fmdualexhaust

Reaction score
Anybody figure out what "soft-touch" door uppers are yet? My 09 doors seem the same as my wife's 08 except for the leather arm rests.