2008 Rough Idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TJMagoo

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I have an 08 KK with 91k miles on it.

Started happening yesterday on my way back to work from lunch. Driving in the highway around 45 mph, I gave it the gas and it started sputtering like it was going to stall. Gave it more gas, sputtering went away. On the drive home, same thing happened. Check engine light flashed a few times, never stayed on, just flashed.

Where do I start to diagnose what is going on? Thanks in advance!

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a electronic throttle body problem most likely. If the CEL ever flashes you have a big problem, get the codes read asap.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to Autozone, they'll read your codes for free. Even though your check engine light isn't on now, the fact that it flashed means the system might be storing a pending code.

TJMagoo

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks. It is going in the shop tomorrow. I hope it's an easy fix.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 KK with 91k miles on it.

Started happening yesterday on my way back to work from lunch. Driving in the highway around 45 mph, I gave it the gas and it started sputtering like it was going to stall. Gave it more gas, sputtering went away. On the drive home, same thing happened. Check engine light flashed a few times, never stayed on, just flashed.

Where do I start to diagnose what is going on? Thanks in advance!

Just FYI, a Flashing MIL is WORSE than one that is on steady. It means stop, serious damage may result, do no drive me!

That being said, sounds like a fuel delivery problem. Could be the electronic throttle, something in the fuel pump itself, possibly failing injectors... gotta check DTC's first... good to hear the shop is going to look at it.

TJMagoo

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Turns out it was a fouled plug and short in one of the coil packs. Probably got water on it when we flushed the heater core the day before. Replaced both and now it runs like a champ again.