2007 kj

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phishphan

Reaction score
hey guys, new to the forum have a couple of questions. first ill start off with my kj is my first off roadish vehicle ive owned. its a 2007 automatic with gearbox 4wd. not sure if its sport or limited or just regular because all the badging says is, jeep liberty 3.7L and "trail rated" so any help on that issue would be great. ive been looking and reading forums and it seems the 2.5 frankenlift is the most popular lift for the libbys so i plan on getting this however which premium package would you guys recommend? secondly i want the arb bull bar however it seems that you have to install the bar the lift and new tires all at the same time? is this true if not please explain. and lastly with a 2.5 inch on my libby what size tires can i fit, i see people talking about 265/75 and 255/75 or something, this is completely greek to me and the lil charts dont help me much either lol any help you guys can offer to decipher this latin to me is greatly appreciated. a lot of the parts im finding do not specify a year or they only go up to 2005 are most models after this year similar is that the reasoning for this? thanks for the help, hope to hear/see/and wheel with you soon

regards,
chris

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need the lift before bigger tires and the ARB bumber can be installed.You will need to get the HD OME coils on the Frankinlift to hold the ARB's weight also.265/75's take alot of trimming,even with the ARB bumber,the most popular size is 245/75's for lifted KJ's.

You should get F/R recovery points and full skid plates before lifting anyways,just my 2 cents.

phishphan

Reaction score
You will need the lift before bigger tires and the ARB bumber can be installed.You will need to get the HD OME coils on the Frankinlift to hold the ARB's weight also.265/75's take alot of trimming,even with the ARB bumber,the most popular size is 245/75's for lifted KJ's.

You should get F/R recovery points and full skid plates before lifting anyways,just my 2 cents.

im a noob what are F/R recovery points??? i know what skidplates are and will get those first for sure thanks

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dang it guys!

I had a cool line i was gonna use here until the yellow man posted.

here goes anyway...

"welcome to the board. i cant answer you questions but there is a man whom runs around these parts whom drives a yellow and black KJ. seek him out to find your answers. good luck my friend. i call him "the yellow man". (wind blows as wolf howls in the distance)

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dang it guys!

I had a cool line i was gonna use here until the yellow man posted.

here goes anyway...

"welcome to the board. i cant answer you questions but there is a man whom runs around these parts whom drives a yellow and black KJ. seek him out to find your answers. good luck my friend. i call him "the yellow man". (wind blows as wolf howls in the distance)
Yellow:eek:,how the heck do you get yellow?(though yellow did get me out of a ticket) It's orange and black:D.

im a noob what are F/R recovery points???
Front and rear recovery points are either tow hooks or tow hitches.The make F/R tow hooks for the KJ,Jparts has them,easy to install(no after market ones).A rear tow hitch is a good option for the rear with a shackle reciever mount installed(found at any 4wd parts places).It's best to get F/R recovery points 1st since if you get stuck you need a good place to hook a strap to_Oh and by the way get a reacovery strap also,no metal hooks or chains!A 20'-30' one is good,get at least a 15,000lbs rated one.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yellow:eek:,how the heck do you get yellow?(though yellow did get me out of a ticket) It's orange and black:D.

Front and rear recovery points are either tow hooks or tow hitches.The make F/R tow hooks for the KJ,Jparts has them,easy to install(no after market ones).A rear tow hitch is a good option for the rear with a shackle reciever mount installed(found at any 4wd parts places).It's best to get F/R recovery points 1st since if you get stuck you need a good place to hook a strap to_Oh and by the way get a reacovery strap also,no metal hooks or chains!A 20'-30' one is good,get at least a 15,000lbs rated one.

my color is screwed up then. crappy monitor

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe if you install the ARB bullbar, you won't be able to use tow hooks for front recovery point as the bullbar mounts up in the front tow hook cut-outs.

Thats why I decided not to put a bull bar on . I love my hooks and I use them for a lot. You thing they would make a bull bar with tow hooks welded to it down there. Know what I meaned: confused: