2007 Auto 4WD - Cooling Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoyNamedSue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone who owns a 2007 without towing or offroad group:
Is there a ****** cooler; if so is it the same exact cooler that comes with the towing package?

Jeep told me this:
According to our information, the transmission cooler is not standard
equipment on the Jeep Liberty and is only available from the factory if
built with a trailer tow kit.

I've been told different depending who I ask. I don't have mine yet, so I can't look.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fairly sure its the same ****** cooler. On the 2003+ models, they should have the ****** cooler stock with the engine driven fan and power steering cooler as an option with the towing pack and maybe the offroad pack. There was a guy that said his had the PS cooler though and he didnt have the towing pack or offroad pack.. His was an 07.. so they may have changed some stuff on those. I know they moved the radiator cap back on the radiator and took the ****** dip stick away. 8-[

BoyNamedSue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the upgrade kit from Mopar.com for a 2007 Liberty
I'm still not sure what's included stock because the description of the upgrade only mentions the fan, but the name of this upgrade mentions transmission cooler and engine cooling.

Carriers & Cargo Hauling > Hitches & Towing > Transmission Coolers and Engine Cooling Upgrade Kits

Greatly extends the life of the transmission or engine by reducing high temperatures associated with off-road or heavy-duty operations. Recommended for heavy-duty trailer towing.

Add Part # Name Description Price
Name: Transmission Coolers and Engine Cooling Upgrade Kits
Description: Heavy-Duty Cooling Fan Kit for 3.7L Power Tech V6 engines, use for cooling on vehicles without Trailer Tow Packages $287.00

BoyNamedSue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok......the more I read the more I am convinced the stock Libby comes with the ****** cooler. I think the optional tow package or offroad package just adds the extra clutch fan. Maybe a power steering cooler also unless that comes stock.

Members online

No members online now.