2006 Lift Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robslibby

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the Rusty or Frankenlift will fit on the 2006? I dont think there were any changes between the years. Also which lift would you guys think is best out there I dont mind spending money for quality.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
robslibby said:
Does anybody know if the Rusty or Frankenlift will fit on the 2006? I dont think there were any changes between the years. Also which lift would you guys think is best out there I dont mind spending money for quality.
It'll fit.

Lifts are subjective... depends on what you need / want.

robslibby

Reaction score
I really want something that I can take off road and not worry about a spring breaking or a shock blowing out.

jkl

Reaction score
if you dont mind spending the extra $300, go with the franky.
if you dont want to spend the extra, get the rustys.

they're the same lift as far as new struts / springs and rear springs with longer shocks to accomodate.

i have the rustys and have wheeled it pretty hard...
never had any issues with it, except the rear shocks, which i replaced
with rancho 17004.

robslibby

Reaction score
both lifts say you get 2.5 of full lift is that really true or is it less

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rusty's lift gives you about 2.5" The Frankenlift give you about 3-3.25". However, that all depends on how height your KJ sits from the factory since they all seem to very in height quite a bit from the factory. The Frankenlift will definitely give you a good 1/2-3/4" higher than Rusty's, however this is ofter considered too high for alot people. I've installed several of both and they will each work on an 2006 KJ.

robslibby

Reaction score
I have heard that with the 2006 the brake line needs to be relocated is that true?

sandracer

Reaction score
According to All JP's website, the 2006 does require the brake line relocation kit for the Frankenlift.

I got an email from Heather the other day and the Frankenlift will also fit the 2007 models. They just haven't updated that part of the website yet.

I can't say whether or not Rusty's would need the brake relocation kit but it is only $30 from All JP.