2006 Liberty Brake Trouble Code P0573

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scross

Reaction score
I've got a 2006 Liberty (built Novemeber 2005). It recently started displaying the ESP/BAS and traction control lights when I hit the brakes, usually when the wheel is turned. Also, since it started, hitting the brake won't deactivate the cruise control. The other day, the check engine light came on displaying code P0573 (Brake Switch A Circuit High).

Does anyone know what this means and/or how to fix it? I see there was a TSB for the '05 model, but I can't find anything for the '06.

Thanks,
Shaun

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something to do with the ESC since it works the brakes but I don't know?

I gave you a free bump though, hoping tjkj or someone else that would know will see this..

dave

eradicator006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an '05 with out ESP and got a P0573 in October when I got stuck in some mud. I tried gently rocking the jeep out of the mud and after about 3 or 4 times the CEL came on with a P0573. I cleared the code by disconnecting the battery and it hasn't come back since.

wolvering

Reaction score
I have a 06 Liberty. I am confronting the same problem like you right now, which makes me frustrated. How did you solve that problem?Thanks!

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P0573 (Brake Switch A Circuit High)

I'd start by looking at the brake switch at the pedal. Seems to me that the vehicle does not know when the brakes are being applied, and thus wont disable cruise and illuminates the MIL's.

Latest posts

Members online