2006 KJ Key Fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bwflorida

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a specific online source for OEM key fobs.
There's about a million or more on Amazon and other sites, but I'd like to find a good reliable source forum members have ordered from.
Thanks!

Conundrum2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got two aftermarket keys with fobs for our commander on eBay, as long as you have two original keys you can program the new key. I used the case button and battery to swap one of the oem keys that had worn-out (missing) buttons. The other aftermarket key works ok but not as good a range as the oem

If you can find the part number you can search for a new mopar keyblank with remote, a couple places had used oem remotes supposedly reset with a fresh key plank. Was tempted to try them but didn't need another key.

If you get new keys Just get a local hardware store to cut the keys and use the two original keys to program them to the pcm. They usually send vehicle specific instructions with the keys, well for aftermarket for sure, some resellers do as well for oem just to avoid returns.

At least that is how it was for our 06 commander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Conundrum2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ps is you don't have two recognized keys you'll have to get either the dealership or a professional
Locksmith with the tool to reprogram the keys into the pcm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2003 also had the all-in-one fob...

I'm thinking that was not original. I think the factory key fob was separate from the key up until 2005. Could be wrong but I looked into this recently when I got my 05 and one of the all-in-ones had a broken side ring. I'm thinking of getting a third and keeping the broken one for a backup. My 02 has two factory fobs with the separate key. Can't help with a source since I haven't done it yet. A few years back I needed a second all-in-one for a different Chrysler and just went to a dealer. Wasn't that bad price-wise.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a new Mopar fob with uncut key on eBay for my '05. With cutting and programming, it was still less than purchasing from anywhere else.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely separate. 2005 onwards were one.

I had no issues with a used remote from eBay.
However, the key with the skim chip was definitely lower in quality but usable. The end where the chip is not a fully molded on to the actual key but a two piece plastic.

With amazon, I'm sure you can find one with good reviews.