2006 Jeep Liberty fuel mystery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbrossmale

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty 65th anniversary 3.7L Automatic. I started the car and forgot something turned it off went to start it again and it wouldn’t turnover. After some checking we decided it was the fuel pump because gas wouldn’t spray from the hose. We replaced that and it wouldn’t start or when it did it idled very rough. When you pushed the gas it stalled. Took the fuel pump out got another same problem. Replaced the map sensor, intake sensor, and camshaft. I bought a used ECM. Nothing has changed. Now it’s giving me a no bus code and saying the gas is too lean. It’s at my mechanic and he’s stumped. My family is telling me to junk it. I’ve been three months without my Jeep. Please help.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.
Using a fuel pressure tester, what is the current psi reading when key is turned on?
You must be registered for see images attach

Spark plugs= do a compression test on each cylinder, what are the psi reading on each cylinder?
Ensure correct plugs are installed and gapped correctly.
Use:
You must be registered for see images attach

2006 Factory Service Manual - http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/2006-KJ-SM.pdf

mbrossmale

Reaction score
We did rent a fuel sensor tester and it was fine (according to my husband) and the spark plugs are all in good shape he tested those as well. The mechanic says the fuel injector all opens and closes properly so it couldn’t be that right?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Knowing the exact fuel psi reading would be helpful.
Also knowing the exact compression readings from each of the cylinders and plug type as above is good helpful info.
If the compression is not within specifications, it may not start.

Latest posts

Members online