2006 Jeep Liberty A/C problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black66label

Reaction score
What are your high and low side pressures? Also i highly advise against charging your AC system with those cans of Freon you get from the auto parts store. Those can's contain about 2 oz of R-134a, and the rest is stop leak, oil, and other crap you don't need floating around your system. Does your low side pressure fluctuate or swing? That will help indicate whether or not your drier is restricted. If your orifice is plugged your going to show a normal head pressure and a low suction. If this started occurring because you messed with your low pressure port, then there is a good chance it's still leaking causing your low pressure switch to cycle your compressor on and off. Anyway get operating pressures before you start changing driers, orifices, and dumping Freon in it.

nnote

Reaction score
Been a few weeks. Finally got a chance to go to another shop. Tested and replaced a for sure high pressure switch. Here's where I am at now.
Seems this whole time what's possible is the blend door is not moving to AC air only fully. I recall a few weeks ago something that sounded like plastic gave loose down in that area and got thrown around for a moment (possibly inside the hvac box and blown by the fan?). Not sure if this is a wild goose chase though.
So, now A/C on, compressor and freon levels are on spot. Turn the temp to heat and get hot hot air, turn the temp to cold and get not cold but cooler air. Keep in mind it's mid 90's here, so getting air coming out slightly less then 90 was 'cooler'...
Got another chance to play with it tonight when it's cooler out. 85 :( ... My jeep is 2006 but I seen the reset method for 2002-4 and turned key on with temp at 12 oclock and did hot, cold hot cold.. etc etc. The air from the A/C tonight seems decently cooler but not as cold as A/C should be. BUT, A/C cooled for sure.
I have a feeling the blend door isn't moving all the way.
New shop I took it to wants to replace the exchanger and the hvac box with blend door for 1500....
I realize what it takes to get there and do it, removing the whole dash and all.. I'm just looking at any suggestions before I have to spend 1500 on the already 800 im down :(