2006 CRD Limited Loosing Coolant... Pass Cold Engine Test.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thomasnelson

Reaction score
I did just resolve my issue. Turns out there was a small leak in one of the small houses into the thermostat housing. It would only leak when under high load, and the fluid would pretty much evaporate before dripping, so that explains why I never saw a leak, never had white smoke out the exhaust, or never had fluid in the oil. I'm really glad it's not a head gasket.
I had a similar issue… hose clamp was not in the proper place after a egr delete.

Ronald

Reaction score
I've been having a similar problem and hope you will keep posting as you work through this. Thanks! I did run some head gasket sealant through the system and it has slowed down the leak, but not stopped completely. Just like you, no milky oil, no apparent leaks, no white exhaust, etc.
WHAT STOP LEAK IS BEST TO US E i HAVE THE SME ISSUE ON MY V6 liberty 3.7 and its right now a very slow leak in the revivor.. but I tried Kool stop pour and go and it helped a little but now I hear you got to run it for 1/2 hour wit the cap off is this true

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
WHAT STOP LEAK IS BEST TO US E i HAVE THE SME ISSUE ON MY V6 liberty 3.7 and its right now a very slow leak in the revivor.. but I tried Kool stop pour and go and it helped a little but now I hear you got to run it for 1/2 hour wit the cap off is this true
Do not use ANY stop leak unless you want to replace everything in the cooling system
Worst product ever , will stop up the heater core, gets into water pump etc

Ronald

Reaction score
Do not use ANY stop leak unless you want to replace everything in the cooling system
Worst product ever , will stop up the heater core, gets into water pump etc
Thank you ,Ill have to check more around the hoses.

Latest posts

Members online